clay bottom day ticket waters

pablo7uk

hey can u suggest any rigs for fishing pressured day ticket waters with clay bottoms? ive not done too bad with combi rigs but i tried a pop up once and had nothing on it all day and i like the idea of using a pop up lol ive recently made up some drop down rigs...fox guide to carp rigs book suggested they were the best for day ticket waters...any suggestions or comments welcome

ta paul

Guest Anonymous

Pablo,

Is it all clay?

I'm fishing a new syndicate this year that is clay based but has stony gravvelly bottom and some light weed.

I'm using bottom baits on the hard stuff and a pop up rig on the weedy stuff.

What kind of hooklink material are you using?

I'm using Korda Hybrid as it's grey in colour and sort of matches the lake bed.

I also use some green/white braid for pva bags over teh hard stuff.

Hope this helps.

Keep it simple is the best advice i can giv !

what i do is grab a handful of clay from the margins and rub it on my lead and rig this will giv it some comoflauge in clear water !

id fish a bottom bait as their is no need to fish a pop-up as it has not got as naturaler presentation on the botton !

use a marker float to find other features i.e gravel

good luk and tight lines

:D

hey thought i would let u know....i went to the venue i was talking about on monday and fished the margins wiv two rods...i kept it all simple...jus a plain combi anti eject rig with a single boilie ...tutti fruity i think...and i had runs, knocks and beeps all day! and i managed to hook into seven of them! ...6lb, 6lb 4oz, 6lb 12oz, 7lb 8oz, 8lb, 11lb 8oz and 14lb for a total of 60lb!!! i arrived at 8 in the mornin and set up for about 9 and packed up at about 5:15!!!...better than most peoples 9 to 5 weekdays lol!!:D and it poured it down with rain almost all day so i think i got wat i deserved with all those fish!! and the 14lb fish was the second biggest ive ever caught so i was well chuffed! also i caught it at the same time as the 7lb 8oz fish! so had a double up lol!! go me!!

ta for the advice though!!

if you try and find a spot that is a little softer than the rest of the lake that could work, the carp would feel more comfortable feeding on a spot like that as they can get their heads right down in it, this would also make presentation easier as the carp would cloud up the water and give your rig a bit more camoflage. i'd try a critically balanced bait which wouldnt sink into the soft stuff or get covered up by the suspended particles as they settle back down.

hope this helps;)