Fishing Trimley Carp Lakes

The bottom lake is a lot harder than the top lake.

The usual places the Carp show in the summer are not the same as the winter because of the depth of the lake. The places for the summer tend to be near the rope/pump swim and around the margins. It is hard work to find the fish in the winter, it may be worth trying a Zig Rig from the bottom up to the top until you can find the Carp

Baitwise for a long time both lakes have been fishing well on Trigga, Trigga Pellets.

I have an idea of the largest Carp in the lake, but its not a confirmed, and I haven't spoken to the person who told me for a while so I can't confirm yea or nea unfortunately

Not sure on the actual make-up of the bottom of the bottom lake, other than the areas around the Pump/rope and the margins along there. I tend to only fish it as an occasional, and not for a while as I have a couple of other waters on the go at the moment.

Sorry Mate, you'll have to get the marker rod out at some point to find the depths of the middle of the lake. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to map out the bottom lake other than visually near the snags as there were people fishing when I was down there

Apart from having to watch your gear like a hawk cos there are so many crooks about :twisted:

That's the reason I don't like the place. :?:evil:

How can I expect to walk around the lake each day looking for fish if I can't be sure it's safe when I'm gone. :evil::evil::evil::!:

• 2 years later...
Am I right in saying that you can only night fish there once every other weekend? Does it get really busy then?

I'd imagine everyone goes for that first double swim near the roped off snags?

Near the car park last time I went they had the allowable dates for night fishing every other weekend.

I honestly don't know how busy it has been recently, but yes that roped off swim seems to be the first choice. Carp do move all over the lake, I have seen a few down the other end cruising mid water around the brambles. There are also a couple of other swims that give (stalking) access along those margins where the fish do cruise around though, so the roped off area may not always be best.

I know that when I was "doing day ticket" lakes, for Trimley I would get the ticket for that weekend and then arrive before first light for that weekend. It would give me time to walk around and listen and look for fish before setting up. I would walk both lakes and decide which I fancied.

A number of years ago the bigger fish from the top lake would be put into the bottom lake, but I do know that the top lake does contain carp to over 20lb, as I believe I had the 1st recorded 20 from the top lake.

The top lake has a lot more submerged features than the bottom lake :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

most of the big fish now moved into bottom lake. everyone goes for peg one near roped off are. on night fishing weekend people fish the friday night(against the rules!) so they can get the pegs they want. my advice(and i used to live down there!!) fish peg 14. one rod, mainline boilie, flick it round to your left under the willow and sit right on top of your rod

Ive been several times during the week and I've been the only person there apart from the bailiff who fishes the morning as well. If the weathers good this week I'm gonna be down there in the evenings to try catch them off the surface

i thought trimley held a closed season? it used to when i used to fish it regularly!

If i had of know they done away with it, i would have been there midweek when work was slow.. its a great little lake too pick up a few decent fish in a day session.. some cracking looking 20's in there!