flourocarbon leader

stevejb

Guest Anonymous

try using a tapered leader thats not a solid 22lb this will make your knot smaller, do not use it if the knot will not pass through, your lead clip etc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

tie the leader with a mahin knot.

you should get a diagram with the leader material.

the mahin knot is spot on.

it has good knot strength and is really easy to tie.

Oh but it does Steve hence why I use it and have published this set-up many times. The rubber bead easily passes over the leader knot - it's one of the safest ways of using a leader.

I also find that fluorocarbon is far more effective than leadcore, not for everyone I agree but it's an edge.

Cash

cash, when i tried the rubber bead it was a 5mm esp one, it would slide over the knot with my fingers but when i put a swivel on and pulled the hook length it all locked up. am i using the wrong type of bead for this setup & if so could you recomend something else.

• 2 weeks later...

The best fluorocarbon is pure fluorocarbon. The way to check this is to burn the tag end. If it goes jet black then it's pure and won't let you down (providing you use the correct knots etc)

If it burn any other colour then it's not pure and is mixed with other chemicals which can make it brittle.

Cash