lac sebastian

paulholman

going lac sebastian in march anyone got any tips :?:

pick a swim directly opposite the eating / shower area fishing in to the larger expanse of water, the other side of the island, fishing 2/3rds the way across to the island back towards the direction of the eating / shower area... eat the grub they put on, it's yummy or at least was a year or so ago.... stay clear of the road bank, they were the noisiest of all the swims from the adjacent gravel works... be lucky

4 of us went in early sept 2007, Fantastic place. Frank the host, what a fella, one of a kind. very funny and always willing to help, as they say, any problems ask Frank. Great food, Clean toilet shower room, plenty food, drink, tackle stocked on site.

Right about the local gravel pits, can be noisy during the day and have herd that they have got bigger over the last few months. The road bank not good if you want a lay in.

Apart from that superd. Fishing is out of this world, never seen so many quality fish. Baitboat essential (can be hired on site) feed hard 10kgs aday abought right. i sat there for 4 days before i had anything. had 7 fish all week biggest 32lb 7oz common. (photo on wall in hut). fished swim hunts corner, far corner of lake. best end. Lashers fished great all week. 29 fish. 2 x sturgeons (franks trophy fish) both love the pellets, the biggest was out 3 times that week, the other twice. rest where carp to 41lb.

believe me im going back. Have a great one and fish hard for the rewards.

Take some ear plugs cos that gravel works is NOISY. The bad news is it starts up at 5:30 AM but the good news is it ends at 5:30PM. you should get 1 free day of it cos they stop work saturday lunch time and dont start till monday morning. I totally hated the place and will never go back. Yes the food is good but i can go to a resturant for that. For me, fishing is about relaxing in quiet surroundings enjoying being there and Lake Sebastion is far far from that. It amazes me how they have the jewls to charge people to fish the place at the moment. :evil:

rant over :)

I was at the lake at the same time and was trying to be polite in my original post.. we did catch, nothing special really certainly not enough to say the noise was worth it... I guess the only thing to say is that I did my Sturgeon PB, I got mullered on my birthday and my boy was there with me to laff at the fact... take the noise away and make the island look a bit more natural and it'd be a decent enough venue.

I'll not post the pictures of the gravel works as I'll leave that to Trev if he decides to.. they are an eye opener!!!!.. here's a few pictures of my best memories... think I've said this before, it's not so much the fishing on socials it's the overall experience and memories they form... great week from tht aspect :D

Normally detest catching these things but this one was big enough to give a proper pull on the string.. 45lb I think.

Sturgeon.JPG

only 25lb but ws a nice fish

25common.JPG

don't yer love birthdays with the boys :lol:

gary.jpg

and who coud forget Captain Carpboy who did the dastardly deed above :shock:

CCB.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

hats off to the bailiffs by the way.. fantastic food, got the cake and think they even put up the hppy birthday signs.. couldn't have asked for more really

it was two years ago mate and I think the setup there has changed somewhat since (new baliffs?)... all I can recall in addition to the original post is that it was very weedy in places around the island and in the little bay in front of the cabin... those that did well, did so through finding the hard spots on the lake bed getting the bailiff to go out in the boat and use the end of the paddle to find them for the anglers... don't get that sort of service at many venues.. sorry I can't help further, I'd risk misleading you if I did I'm afraid

sirlance.

yes mate you buy pellet and particles at the lake, frank the baliff cooks them up there onsite. and a good particle i must say.

ive also herd that it has been stocked in December with a fair few big fish

to add to the already well stocked lake. one of them was a 50lb i believe.

i will be speaking to frank soon so i will post and let you know.

• 2 months later...