French Fishing

trakker1

Driving abroad for the first time can be a bit daunting. But really as long as you keep out the major cities it is very easy, only a pity our road system is not as good.

Yes you drive on the other side of the road so you use your other wing mirror but there is no need to rush and on the whole the roads are empty and you can get to most places using the excellent motorway system.

Driving in France is a pleasure.

The motorway systems are great once you are on the right one, the dreaded a16 ring road around Paris is a nightmare, advice would be plan carefully and take your time once your moving. Plan for any toll routes, generally people seem more sensible than alot of the idiots you get on our motorways,at the end of the day it will be well worth it all when ur holding that 50lb fish !! regards Paul.

Should you take the plunge and I hope you do. I feel you will find driving in France a pleasure and not a hindrance. The motorway systems are very good with most only having 2 lanes of traffic, thus making it easier. No cars wzzing around you from all directions. You will also find once you are away from the port the traffic thins out dramatically. You may not see another vechile for miles. There are plenty of service staions on most motorways and in between these you will find picinic/toilet service areas.

Some juntions/roundabouts can be tricky but if you take your time you should be fine.

I have now lived in France for just over a year. Given the question would I rather drive in France or England. France would win hands down.

As said above the roads in France are very good. They are kept in tip top condition and the drivers over there on the whole are very good also.

Driving on the 'wrong' side can seem a little daunting, but on my first go I got used to it very quickly. You'll not know untill you give it a try. Maybe try and organise going with a few others so as if you find you really cant handle the driving someone else can take over.