fluroleaders

giles07

i know theres something like this on the same page but it doesnt really answer my question

if you could pick out of any leader flurocarbon,leadcore,and the korda clear leaders what would you choose

thanks bill :)

i know theres something like this on the same page but it doesnt really answer my question

if you could pick out of any leader flurocarbon,leadcore,and the korda clear leaders what would you choose

None of the above!

You could actually have added this question to the other thread on leaders :wink:

If I use a Shockleader for maximum distance casting I use either Amnesia or Drennan Greased Weasel.

If I'm not using any then I try to fish as Slack a Line as possible, have tubing pinned down (if I'm using any), or get the Mainline down to the bottom. Just by fishing Running Leads with a Slack Line and possibly a Flying Back lead you can disguise the last of the line near the lead

None of the above!

You could actually have added this question to the other thread on leaders :wink:

If I use a Shockleader for maximum distance casting I use either Amnesia or Drennan Greased Weasel.

If I'm not using any then I try to fish as Slack a Line as possible, have tubing pinned down (if I'm using any), or get the Mainline down to the bottom. Just by fishing Running Leads with a Slack Line and possibly a Flying Back lead you can disguise the last of the line near the lead

Would the fish not be able to feel the back lead when they pick up the bait.

I am seriously considering a running lead setup with slack lines.

What is your detection like on slack lines?

None of the above!

Would the fish not be able to feel the back lead when they pick up the bait.

I am seriously considering a running lead setup with slack lines.

What is your detection like on slack lines?

Pretty Instant! It has to be with a Running Lead though!

The Back Lead (or putty) just above the tubing creates minimal resistance, but does pull the line down to the Lakebed.

After casting I get the line tight and put the indicators on to pull out any bow etc. I then pull line off the reel until the indicator hangs slack with no tension on it at all. The line just drops from the rod tip. As soon as I get a pick-up and the fish moves, the line pulls tight and I get Buzzer Indication. Use the same method fishing close to snags and the Carp don't often make it there before I have struck.

It also means I can fish with my rods locked up with no give from a Baitrunner or Clutch. As soon as a fish pulls the line tight to the rod because there is no give (with the rod pointing directly at the End Tackle), the Carp tends to kite away from the snag on a tight line.

I do use Heavy Leads for fishing with a Running Lead of 3oz or over, any less and I think in most cases the Lead can be moved along the lakebed.

I also have a set-up, where the lead is tied on with 4lb Line if I do fish near the snags. In the event of a Carp making it to the snag, the lead pulls off and in most cases the fish will play free with no problems.

im going to fish running leads next time i go, and it isnt really possible to fish slack lines because of the distance im fishing at, i dont want to tighten down to the lead because i hate the idea of line cutting across my swim. is it possible for me to use a backlead or flying backlead or does that defeat the object of running leads, will the fish feel the resistance?

and can someone tell me how shockleaders work please?

As Nick has said if you use a heavy enough lead you can get away with fishing a slack / semi slack line at any distance due to the lead acting as a pivot point. In general when fishing with mono a slack line is more sensitive than a taught line as any movement will instantly move the indicator due to the line not having being tight and already stretched.

Bear in mind though that after 50 or 60 yards even with a tight line your line will be on the bottom unless you're fishing a really deep lake.

im going to fish running leads next time i go, and it isnt really possible to fish slack lines because of the distance im fishing at, i dont want to tighten down to the lead because i hate the idea of line cutting across my swim. is it possible for me to use a backlead or flying backlead or does that defeat the object of running leads, will the fish feel the resistance?

and can someone tell me how shockleaders work please?

Running Leads need to be fished with a Slack line! If you fish a tight line you are making a Running set-up Semi-fixed lead, because of the the tight line.

A small flying back lead will work, although my choice is for putty just above the tubing.

I think that Backleads totally defeat indication with either Running or Fixed Leads.

A shockleader is a length of line used to withstand the force of casting that may (or could) break your mainline. You need to use enough shockleader to give you your casting drop, and still have 4/5 turns on the reel. I don't get on with Tapered ones :? , so I prefer to use Greased Weasel in GREY or Amnesia in Black. The recommendation with using a shockleader is that you use 10lbs of leader strength for every ounce of lead. So a 2oz lead you need 20lb leader, if you go up to 3oz you use a 30lb Leader.

If you decide to use a Braided Shockleader though you will need to double the shockleader strength due to the lack of stretch

If you type in Shockleaders as a search there is a pic of the knot that I have found to work best.[/b][/i]