fav winter rig???

thecarpkid1990

Since I started fishing a couple of months ago, all ive done is use maggot on a simple float set up and free lined some crust to catch the carp. I'm thinking of trying a zig rig (as recommended to me on this forum) as this will allow me to cast closer to where the carp are most of the time.

What would be the best/lightest main line and hook length to use if I wasnt sure if I was going to hook a 5lb fish or a 20lb fish?

Cheers

P.S. I only ask these questions to keep everyone on their toes...I actualy already know everything there is to know :wink:

I Lost one fish in the snags, which was when I let my crust drift to the other side, and I was so excited that it was my first carp that I really didnt think about what I was doing. The two 5lb carp I had since then were hooked on crust close to the bank and in the net within two minute, clear of any snags.

What kind of line would I need for this sized fish around the snags?

won't be changing my rigs at all. I use 2 different rigs, the difference being that one has a shot on it and the other doesn't. :lol:

might scale down to 12lb mainline although i've been tempted to try out the 13lb kryston snide and just use it all year round.

happy days.