are the Fox Series R and Voyager bivvys the same design?

I have the Fox Series R XL 0ne man bivvy but I need a wrap and /or inner dome for the winter, which you can no longer purchase as the Series R has been discontinued.  However, it looks an identical structural design to the new Fox Voyager one man bivvy model.  I wonder whether I can use the Voyager over wrap and inner dome on the Series R bivvy.  I have contacted Fox International twice to ask-but they haven't bothered to contact me back.   Does anyone have a view? or compared the two, or own the Fox voyager who could assist me?   Thanks

46 minutes ago, Allo there said:

I have the Fox Series R XL 0ne man bivvy but I need a wrap and /or inner dome for the winter, which you can no longer purchase as the Series R has been discontinued.  However, it looks an identical structural design to the new Fox Voyager one man bivvy model.  I wonder whether I can use the Voyager over wrap and inner dome on the Series R bivvy.  I have contacted Fox International twice to ask-but they haven't bothered to contact me back.   Does anyone have a view? or compared the two, or own the Fox voyager who could assist me?   Thanks

Fox Voyager dimensions 

Screenshot_20240921_173004_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6a6f33107d0b9e57163206b868877617.jpg

Fox R Series XL 1 man dimensions 

Screenshot_20240921_172950_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cd1d67d949c9bc318e586d71a6874702.jpg

identical too me....from Fox Websites these

Edited by Higham1987

Thank you. Yes definately same design size.  My question for the inner dome is whether the connecting / joining loops are still in the same position on the new voyager inner dome compared to the Series R bivvy.  If they are not in the right place that could be rather awkward!

thanks again for the quick response!

5 minutes ago, Allo there said:

Thank you. Yes definately same design size.  My question for the inner dome is whether the connecting / joining loops are still in the same position on the new voyager inner dome compared to the Series R bivvy.  If they are not in the right place that could be rather awkward!

thanks again for the quick response!

I'd contact Fox, or even put the question on some Fishing Facebook Sites ??

I tried contacting Fox twice to ask-absolutely no response from them.  I thought this was a fishing Facebook site (I guess I can try somewhere else)!   I am sure they are similar but its going to be quite an expensive experiment.... It ideally needs someone to have done the experiment or know what their Voyager looks like inside.  Trouble is there are not that many Voyagers around (they are now quite expensive) and it looks really weird if I rock up ask how they are getting on and then ask if they wouldn't mind if I have a quick look in their bivvy to look at their hanging toggles!  

26 minutes ago, Allo there said:

I tried contacting Fox twice to ask-absolutely no response from them.  I thought this was a fishing Facebook site (I guess I can try somewhere else)!   I am sure they are similar but its going to be quite an expensive experiment.... It ideally needs someone to have done the experiment or know what their Voyager looks like inside.  Trouble is there are not that many Voyagers around (they are now quite expensive) and it looks really weird if I rock up ask how they are getting on and then ask if they wouldn't mind if I have a quick look in their bivvy to look at their hanging toggles!  

I would say an overwrap would fit just fine if the dimensions are exactly the same, did the older one have an option for inner dome? If so they have probably just jazzed it up a little and rebadged it, that is also probably why they didn't reply because they didn't want to admit it's the same 

6 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I would say an overwrap would fit just fine if the dimensions are exactly the same, did the older one have an option for inner dome? If so they have probably just jazzed it up a little and rebadged it, that is also probably why they didn't reply because they didn't want to admit it's the same 

Speaking of Overwraps....

@elmoputney does your bunker look like this bivvy.

Do you have a wrap for yours...

Screenshot_20240721_142941_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a6dc162aec7588c2ea0790450a18ea73.jpg

Screenshot_20240721_143008_Gallery.thumb.jpg.10e216277cd364bdec260c1c4455f692.jpg

Yes I am convinced- Im going for it-otherwise as soon as it rains and gets cold -that will be it for my season!  Thank you for being really helpful-I am a noobee to this web site!

For the people that buy them I hope they didn't just jazz it up -my R series is an abs ridiculous design.  The Bivvy is great-tall and super well made but the design just sucks.    There are 3 pram struts all different join lengths joined to one focal point so you cannot cleanly fold like most normal bivvies, you also cant take the poles out of the joins they are stuck tight. It takes 5 mins to put up and at least 15 to put away.  Not fun when you are tired. 

Thanks again for the advice- not definitive but given me the confidence to spend a load of money!

And Elmoputney-no doesn't look like that at all-is that your bolt hole-nicely put up though!

PS has anyone used the store at Carp.com. I had never heard of them until I started looking for a wrap.

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

That's not a bunker I don't think looks a bit different to me. Looks like some kind of day shelter one. The bunker has a fart flap on the back. 

I do have a wraP for it but that is the only time i use the bunker when it's cold 😬

No, I know, it's an Angling Intelligence 1 man Bivvy....I'm after a wrap also and nearest looking bivvy is a Cyprinus Bunker...

13 minutes ago, Allo there said:

Yes I am convinced- Im going for it-otherwise as soon as it rains and gets cold -that will be it for my season!  Thank you for being really helpful-I am a noobee to this web site!

For the people that buy them I hope they didn't just jazz it up -my R series is an abs ridiculous design.  The Bivvy is great-tall and super well made but the design just sucks.    There are 3 pram struts all different join lengths joined to one focal point so you cannot cleanly fold like most normal bivvies, you also cant take the poles out of the joins they are stuck tight. It takes 5 mins to put up and at least 15 to put away.  Not fun when you are tired. 

Thanks again for the advice- not definitive but given me the confidence to spend a load of money!

And Elmoputney-no doesn't look like that at all-is that your bolt hole-nicely put up though!

PS has anyone used the store at Carp.com. I had never heard of them until I started looking for a wrap.

What about a Fox Eos 2 man Overwrap?

4 minutes ago, Higham1987 said:

No, I know, it's an Angling Intelligence 1 man Bivvy....I'm after a wrap also and nearest looking bivvy is a Cyprinus Bunker...

Pretty sure that was the same as a cyprinus one but not the bunker, might not be much different though. Do you know the dimensions?