howle pool near newport

neil13

Think you should have done a Search! :roll::wink:

I have posted as much as I know on the venue in the past on at least 3 threads! :wink:

Howle Fisheries, Howle Pool, Newport, Shropshire.

>

>A beautiful, spring-fed, 3 acre pool, depth 2 to 5 feet, situated a mile off the A41 (Wolverhampton to Chester road), between Newport and Market Drayton.

>

>Fully stocked in July 2004, with Carp (mirror and common) to 15lbs (and still growing!), also Roach and Tench.

>

>Day tickets, £5 adults, £3 under 13's, available from Howle Manor farmhouse, which is between the pool and the main road.

>

>Night fishing is £12, by prior arrangement only.

>

>

>

>Contact Andrew and Jane Watson Jones

>

>01952 550308

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have fished the lake four times this year and it has rained cats and dogs each time. I have fished three morning sessions and one all-nighter before they stopped it. Each time I have caught between 2 and 17 carp with method feeder and small PVA bags working best as close to the road as you can.

This lake is VERY shallow. You will get line bites and you will get fantastic takes, but the fish are small. There are many commons between 2 and 5 lbs and numerous mirrors between 3 and 7 lbs. There are the odd tench and even large roach on halibut pellet and small boilies...You won't catch a twenty from here, but you will have bites and maybe a few doubles...

In 10 years' time, who knows?

• 10 months later...

Cammy

Yes I must admit that I have had several mirrors and commons this season between 6 and 13 there now...they are getting bigger and are all in great condition. I even caught a 7.5 common, one metre out, that had been feeding on the broken bits of boilie I had been throwing in....