Has anyone fished at Damvillers recently

damcarpcatcher

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just got and had a cracking time

after a long journey we arrived to the lake easily enough.when we got there john (the owner) greeted us with a cuppa and walk round the lake. when the other anglers arrived (paul, craig, guy and mark) the balif (adam) got the bag with snooker balls in, the idea was to get first pick of the swim you had to get the no1 ball. after knowbody offered to pick out a ball i stuck my hand up and dived in. unfortunately i picked no5 but then my dad went in and got no1!!!. adam said which swims generally produced the best fish and i chose a swim called bulls**t due to some history when the lake was first bought, but it was truely a fantastic swim. we loaded the gear on to the trailer on the quad and set off. we got set up and whacked the rods out.

1st night: blanked

2nd night: a rat trapped did its job

3rd night: a poxy bream!!

4th night: 2 trees, 1, rat and 1 mouse

5th night: 3 rats' 1 mouse, another bream

6th night: i lost hope

7th night:6 rats. 3 mice and a 17lb 3oz mirror.

The other fishermen had similar results, we decided the four days of hard frost the week before, varied weather conditions during each day were to blame for the lack of bites

after all we had a cracking time with adam and the lads. the food was fantastic and we really enjoyed it. i couldnt recommend it enough. The rats were the only downer on a very enjoyable week. John and Adam assured us that everything is being done to erradicate these pests by early 2008. We would have no hesitation in rebooking in the spring/summer months of 2008. After speaking to two of the other anglers who visited Damvillers last April their catch was mighty impressive with several fish in the 50's and nothing under 20lb

Great week.

regards john and ben

couldnt reccomend it enough it was superb

• 2 months later...

sorry to hear the fishing wasn't great for you. i have booked for the 3rd week in august this year. did you use their bait or your own? i think i would be tempted with their bait if it is fresh. do you know if there is a supermarket nearby. we have hired the whole of the lake between 5 anglers so if 1 starts catching watch out for the poachers!! haha. thanx for the reply. :)

yes we used the carp companys icelandic red and it sure is a cracking water. adam is a really nice bloke who will do anything to help you. he stayed in our swim with us for the whole of the week and he was great. bbut be carefull the fish in there are weary. i had a carp when the bobbin was moving up and down constantly. johns dog is a laugh aswell. the food package is ace and i would recomend that you fish on the point into the fingers as the trees has fallen down in there recently with means the swims have been made not allowed so the fish stay in there most of the tme. oh yer by the way i ws going to book on august 24th but cant now :lol:

there is a town but its a bit rough lol 8)

hope you haul, ben :)

oh yer bring a few rat traps :D

I fished it in September 2006 had a great week, around 25 carp if I remember right biggest going in the 30's.

Theres some pics from Damvillers on this link. go to all picture and then france.

One thing I would say is because I do all my fishing in silt up here I did the same there and avoided the gravel bars and it worked a treat, single baits. The 2 lads fishing on the gravel had something like 8 carp between them for the week.

The Damvillers pictures are from 0715 with the green bucket in it

http://www.putfile.com/russell1

I fished it in September 2006 had a great week, around 25 carp if I remember right biggest going in the 30's.

Theres some pics from Damvillers on this link. go to all picture and then france.

One thing I would say is because I do all my fishing in silt up here I did the same there and avoided the gravel bars and it worked a treat, single baits. The 2 lads fishing on the gravel had something like 8 carp between them for the week.

The Damvillers pictures are from 0715 with the green bucket in it

http://www.putfile.com/russell1

cool what swim were you fishing? adam is just a top bloke :)

thanx for the info russell cant wait to go, ive bin going to les quis for the past 10 years but i think it slowing down a bit now. it doesn't seem to be being looked after (fish wise) like it was when it first started. had some big fish out of the long lake thou upto 48lb. have you fished any other decent lakes in france/belgium? :D

two friends of mine went just before christmas, think it was late nov. and they had a great time, 9 fish between them biggest at 42lb.

they mentioned about how good the service was over there, and i'm pretty sure they've booked a trip again for next/this year. so it can't b too bad

thanx for the info russell cant wait to go, ive bin going to les quis for the past 10 years but i think it slowing down a bit now. it doesn't seem to be being looked after (fish wise) like it was when it first started. had some big fish out of the long lake thou upto 48lb. have you fished any other decent lakes in france/belgium? :D

http://www.coelacanthe.com/

Have a look at this one been going there for a few years now and its spot on.

went there 2 years ago. the only trouble is that the big fish mainly come out on the far bank pegs 15,16 where the old river bed runs. we only found this out when we got there and had already booked pegs 1,2 and 3 after some duff info from the angling lines holiday rep. still banked 20 fish but the biggest was only 19lb... i must say though the beer is excellent aswell as the food...... if i went again i would have to book pegs 15 or 16 which seem to get booked up quite quickly.......