weeded lake bed

davefaull

hi,

i have been trying out a local lake but the lake bed is just covered in weed but i no there are some great fish to be caught in there and im willing to stick it out and wait for 1 but im not to sure what rig to use as there is so much weed, so could anybody reccommend me a rig or technique that could i could use to help me catch these fish.

thanks alot Dave.

If you don't need to cast out far I would try using a very light weight and a light bait such as corn. And also use a pva nugget on your hook when you cast. So that your rig will slowly sink and rest gently on top of the weed bed. Also use heavier line and make sure your rig is safe if a carp snagging up is a high probability. Barbless hooks would be a good ida so if your line breaks the hook will hopefully fall out the carps mouth sooner or later.

Also using a shockleader would be a good idea so that you can bully the fish away from the weed when your playing them. The shockleader should reduce the chance of a hook pull.

ok thanks alot for the info mate, the only problem in the lake is that there are alot of bream and tench so using pva has a high chance of catching the bream and tench as this is what i have found out. but i will definatly try out using the heavier line with a lighter lead and light baiting up.

thanks again.

Dave

is the lake close enough to you to prbait on a regular basis :?: if so go over 2 3 or 4 times a week and prebait with particles the carp will soon clear a spot for you. if not use big pva bags and put the whole rig inside, dont be afraid to fish in the weed just make sure your rig is safe as should always be done anyway.