Paxmans A.C. Arlesford Lake

Guest Anonymous
Hi Guys.

Just recently joined Paxmans A.C. and done a breif session on the arlesford lake.

Basically i want to know, fish stocks, fish sizes, best tactics/swims and any other useful info would be appreciated.

many thanks

Luke

Hi Luke, PM a bailiff (gazmeesh).

I've only ever fished the AAA water next door but have heard that quite a few of the Paxmans 20lb+ fish come off the top in that lake.

Jay

• 3 years later...

Both my boy and I are new to Paxmans and we had our first trip over to Arlesford at the weekend. Our high hopes where destroyed by a total blank on the four rods we had betwen us... and I MEAN BLANK not even a dip on the float or a beep on the buzzer after a 8 hour session.

I would certainly not discourage anyone from passing a few tips in my/our direction.

• 8 months later...

hey ive been fishing alesford for a couple of years now with my dad and have fortunately managed to catch a few stunners . in reply to ur fish stock queries, thers quite a large group of low to mid 20s in there and id like to think by now theres is one or two heading towards the 30lb mark. if ur bottom bait fishing its always a gd bet fishing the far margins on the opposite side of the lake from where u enter. the carp are known to patrol under the over hanging trees throughout the day! Boilies and pellets i have had success with. As for surface fishing imitation dog biscuit has been a winner for me, fishing down the shallow end of the lake. hope that helps mate :)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello going to the Alresford Paxmans lake tomorrow,

not fished there before just been on Wix mainly,

ive heard there are 3 gravel bars there,

anyone got any tips on where the best place to get fish is in the lake and what baits work at this time of year?

Kind regards,

James

ita a water you need to get close to the far margins and/or weed. tbh i find single hookbaits of a good quality boilie work well, as does the surface, dog biccy's work really well in there if the weather is right. i would head up to the far end from the car park if i were you, problem is the weed can be a problem that end this time of the year

Hi Gaz thanks for the reply,

Yeah looking at satellite images on google, i saw a bar of weed and was contemplating dropping some single dumbells over pellet on the very edge or go for some maggots on the hair.

In regards to the gravel bars, are they productive, or just stick to the margin?

tbh i always found the margins worked for me, dont ignore the near ones either although that depends on what end of the lake your on and how busy it is. have you joined paxmans facebook page? you have to be a member to join it but might help a bit as well

No i haven't joined it yet, only just became a member of paxmans a few weeks ago as i live in Maldon and am a member of BDAC as there are a few waters around me, my brothers been in paxmans a few years so joined just to fish with him. i think the plan was, as long as it was quiet to have the baits on the far bank from the car park all fished in a 12 foot spread so we drew the carp in

yeh that can be productive from there mate, if its quiet then the near margins from them swims can pay off, problem is if its busy then they can shut up shop. watch the surface that end as they often come up to the surface there if its nice and sunny

ok gaz ill keep a rod made up incase they come to the surface,

thanks for the info ill let you know if we catch anything.

we were going to go back to wix after having some lovely carp and bream out but when we looked at the weather forecast looked like we were going to be far too exposed to the wind