Braid question (different !! )

terryf59

well yeah, im going to sound like a idiot now, but here goes, When you strip back coated braid, it contains a firm, stiffish material and a material that doesnt fray. Yet when i buy normal braid E.g kryston merlin, it frays very easy and doesnt seem as compact as the braid inside the coated braid, So is their a hooklink material, i can buy which is like the braid used inside the coated braids

Can't say I have noticed the difference hear?

I have, i know what you are saying Terry so you dont sound like an idiot at all. But ive yet to find a standard braided hooklink that doesnt fray easily.

One bit of advice though, use a proper pair of very sharp braid scissors to cut your braid and keep them solely for this use. I carry 2 pairs of scissors, one to cut mainline and bait and the other for braid only.

i too am looking for something similar. i hate the way normal hooklink braids fray when using them. if you come across one that is like the inside of coated braids let us know.
Try spiderwire or Fireline,there the same fused M Dyneema as apposed to spectra braid.

'One bit of advice though, use a proper pair of very sharp braid scissors to cut your braid and keep them solely for this use. I carry 2 pairs of scissors, one to cut mainline and bait and the other for braid only.'

Thats making a lot of sense this morning :?

So whats different between normal scissors & those for braid? Are they serrated or something ??

• 2 weeks later...