B2B Grinner and Mahin knot slipping?

RJT74

HI, 

ive recently put some carp spirit 30lb braid on my spod reel. Ive gone to attach the shock leader 50lb Nash Braid and i lost a marker float - It flew off  with the knot failing. Ive tried back to back grinners and mahin knot and same result now losing 3 marker floats! Ive just re tied at home the Mahin 3 times and pulled the line really hard and thought i had a secure knot. i carried on pulling and after a few seconds the carp spirit 30lb braid just pulled through the knot. Its really waxy braid. Im sure it cant be my knot tying ability. i have no issues with other knots? I think its just the [censored]e carp spirit braid!

3 hours ago, RJT74 said:

HI, 

ive recently put some carp spirit 30lb braid on my spod reel. Ive gone to attach the shock leader 50lb Nash Braid and i lost a marker float - It flew off  with the knot failing. Ive tried back to back grinners and mahin knot and same result now losing 3 marker floats! Ive just re tied at home the Mahin 3 times and pulled the line really hard and thought i had a secure knot. i carried on pulling and after a few seconds the carp spirit 30lb braid just pulled through the knot. Its really waxy braid. Im sure it cant be my knot tying ability. i have no issues with other knots? I think its just the [censored]e carp spirit braid!

I do use braid on my marker float rod, but to an Amnesia shock leader, and on my pike rods. 

For shock leader to Amnesia it is an overhand knot in the Amnesia, and a uni knot through and up something like here:

https://magazine.anglingactive.co.uk/the-best-shockleader-knot-sea-fishing/

I do lighter blob the knots to stop slippage. 

Braid to braid is a pig, they can cut through each other, but again pike  fishing my braid is tied to a swivel, which unless you tie straight through on your rods (spod) you can't do on fishing rods.