River Nene Dog n Doublet sluice to Peterborough.

Hi  new member here,

does anybody on here know much about fishing this area for carp and is there many in there?  I’ve found a spot near the millennium bridge where boats are moored up and it looks a good place to start as it’s the only cover provided on that stretch of river but I didn’t see any carp about.

is there anywhere else on this stretch of river worth looking at?

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Dappadan1986 said:

@malcfish 

thanks for the reply I know people won’t give up information on spots as such but any advice to point me in the right direction is much appreciated.

is that the nene parkway side where they go canoeing?
I was thinking about getting a kayak to get on the river to search for spots that are out the way.

There's no spots as such it's about areas. Where there's lots of bream there's carp. lol need big baits to pick them out. 

It's been fishing well the last few trips 5 out so far to 22lbs . Not found the big ones yet. It's best to stay mobile bait up and fish when you find them.

most coming out early morning. only one out in night.

19 minutes ago, malcfish said:

There's no spots as such it's about areas. Where there's lots of bream there's carp. lol need big baits to pick them out. 

It's been fishing well the last few trips 5 out so far to 22lbs . Not found the big ones yet. It's best to stay mobile bait up and fish when you find them.

most coming out early morning. only one out in night.

That’s good  going I’d be happy with a 22lber Lol 

What sort of bait would you recommend for baiting up?

was thinking about getting a bulk amount of maize and mixing with a few boilies and chucking that in.

I’m gonna go take a look on my next day off and explore the area.

thanks for the advice much appreciated.👍

47 minutes ago, Dappadan1986 said:

That’s good  going I’d be happy with a 22lber Lol 

What sort of bait would you recommend for baiting up?

was thinking about getting a bulk amount of maize and mixing with a few boilies and chucking that in.

I’m gonna go take a look on my next day off and explore the area.

thanks for the advice much appreciated.👍

At the moment It's a few handfuls of boilies and tiger nuts when you find them. Less and often is the way to go. i give it about 4hrs if no action i move to the next area.

Have pre baited a few places but not fish them yet as being mobile is working out ok.