Pole info help

Carpmad13

I have a sensas carp x40 11.0m pole at home that I use every now and again. I cannot seem to find anything online in regards to this pole. I can find info on the carp x30 and the x60 but nothing on the x40. Cany anyone help me in terms of elastic ratings, if I can get more top kits for them. Is it any good? 

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2020 at 16:15, Carpmad13 said:

I have a sensas carp x40 11.0m pole at home that I use every now and again. I cannot seem to find anything online in regards to this pole. I can find info on the carp x30 and the x60 but nothing on the x40. Cany anyone help me in terms of elastic ratings, if I can get more top kits for them. Is it any good? 

TIA

I have never heard anything about this pole, but a quick look online tells me it should handle most commercial carp. I know it's only an inexpensive pole, but how many top kits do you currently have? In terms of elastics, well it depends on a number of factors - what size carp are you targeting - what kind of elastic do you prefer (hollow, latex, solid?), does it have pulla bungs, or standard bungs?

I'd feel confident in sticking any elastic through the top twos - it's a carp pole after all, so the top kits are going to be power kits. I have several power kits for my Daiwa Air and I have elastic up to size 20 - which I have never even used. I've landed carp up to 20lb on size 14 elastic, with pulla bungs - but I've also landed carp up to 16lb on size 6 elastic during silver fish matches (it took forever to get it and ballsed up my match).

What i'm getting at is it depends......on the fish you're targeting, on the top kits you have, on the bungs you have etc etc.

If I was you, i'd buy a couple of the preston pulla bungs, cut them down to fit inside your top kits, stick some size 12 Latex in there and cover your bases for 90% commercial carp.