I don't use it myself but i have mates with it and it's pukka stuff. You can buy with confidence.

It'll make a huge difference weight wise mate. I use the MPE stuff which is v similar hard anodised ali, much lighter than stainless.

If you're really worried about longevity you can look at titanium but it costs a lot more and is heavier than ali (but lighter than stainless). I have ali and titanium and I think I prefer the ali.

39 minutes ago, yonny said:

I don't use it myself but i have mates with it and it's pukka stuff. You can buy with confidence.

It'll make a huge difference weight wise mate. I use the MPE stuff which is v similar hard anodised ali, much lighter than stainless.

If you're really worried about longevity you can look at titanium but it costs a lot more and is heavier than ali (but lighter than stainless). I have ali and titanium and I think I prefer the ali.

Thanks mate, confirms what I thought.

My ‘resolution’ this year is to become more ‘Carper’ and less ‘Camper’😉and weight reduction is part of that commitment. Going through my kit, I’ve been amazed at the amount of surplus ‘stuff’ I’ve accumulated! Bags within bags for God’s sake!!

18 minutes ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

My ‘resolution’ this year is to become more ‘Carper’ and less ‘Camper’😉and weight reduction is part of that commitment.

I am all about weight reduction mate, pretty much all my gear (other than rods/reels) is purchased as it's the lightest on the market. Weight is my top priority when it comes to kit, I tend to move around a fair bit so it's essential that it's a quick and easy job.

Price wise light stuff can be a double edged sword. For example, the lightest shelters (Lo Pro, V1 T/Brolly, Groundhog Brolly) are amongst the cheapest but the lightest landing net (Dymag) costs an absolute fortune!!

Another good weight saver is the bedchair - the Wychwood Tactical, JRC Stealth X-Lite, Avid Benchmark Lite and the Trakker RLX Flat-6 Superlite are the ones to check out, all under 7kg in weight, and some of them are cheap too.