Nash titan hide xl.

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

Evening all.

Anybody have one of these.

Considering buying one to use as more of a good weather bivvy so ain't that fussed about having no door or ground sheet.

If anybody could give me some pros or cons I would appreciate it.

Have a good one.

I have one. They are fine. Lots of room, quick to put up. They are over priced for what they are though, but very few other bivves offer the same space. Do consider a Fox R-Series Xl, much better value for money. 

3 hours ago, BucksCarper said:

I have one. They are fine. Lots of room, quick to put up. They are over priced for what they are though, but very few other bivves offer the same space. Do consider a Fox R-Series Xl, much better value for money. 

Cheers mate.

I can have it for 170 brand new so a fair bit cheaper than retail.

I'd like to get a titan t3 but can't justify that sort of money on a bivvy.

Is the hide the same squarish shape?.

8 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Cheers mate.

I can have it for 170 brand new so a fair bit cheaper than retail.

I'd like to get a titan t3 but can't justify that sort of money on a bivvy.

Is the hide the same squarish shape?.

Yep, I can get a fairly hefty chair bed in, plus a reclining seat no problem. The shape is pretty much the same as a titan without the peak. For £170 it is well worth doing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just put it up the garden.

Love the shape and size.

Bit hard work putting the front poles in as really stiff but I'm assuming it will become easier the more I use it.

Although to be honest for what it is I'm glad I never paid full price.

It's not a lot of bivvy for 250 quid.

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

Just put it up the garden.

Love the shape and size.

Bit hard work putting the front poles in as really stiff but I'm assuming it will become easier the more I use it.

Although to be honest for what it is I'm glad I never paid full price.

It's not a lot of bivvy for 250 quid.

I just looked at the YouTube can't believe you don't get a groundsheet or any extras with it for that much 

9 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I just looked at the YouTube can't believe you don't get a groundsheet or any extras with it for that much 

Yeah bit of a scam to be fair.

Nearly every other bivvy on the market comes with a door and ground sheet as standard.

I've got another ground sheet to use and I don't normally have the door shut anyway so not too much of a problem for me.

Still wouldn't pay full price though. 

2 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Yeah bit of a scam to be fair.

Nearly every other bivvy on the market comes with a door and ground sheet as standard.

I've got another ground sheet to use and I don't normally have the door shut anyway so not too much of a problem for me.

Still wouldn't pay full price though. 

Glad you like it. However, it is typical Nash. Had they priced it at £150 with extras on top it would have sold like hotcakes, but at £250 it's a joke when you consider the Fox r-series Xl is around the same price and comes with all the extras and is a stunningly good bivvy. 

I like the speed I can get it up for quick overnighters, but would I buy it again for £250? God no. 

4 hours ago, BucksCarper said:

Glad you like it. However, it is typical Nash. Had they priced it at £150 with extras on top it would have sold like hotcakes, but at £250 it's a joke when you consider the Fox r-series Xl is around the same price and comes with all the extras and is a stunningly good bivvy. 

I like the speed I can get it up for quick overnighters, but would I buy it again for £250? God no. 

I agree .

If I'd have paid full price I would be a bit disappointed to be fair.

Did you struggle with the front poles locking in at 1st mate?.

Took me about 10 minutes to get them in.