Boilie mix help

Hi guys, I'm Maicol from Italy and I am pretty new to self made boilie. On a book from Roberto Ripamonti, a famous Italian carp angler, I found a recipe that should come from Jim Gibbinson.
-25% CLO
-25% Milk
-20% fish (I used LT94)
-20% semolina
-10% wheat gluten
I was interested in a boilies that was cheap but effective with few ingredients. 
I usually do day fishing, or weekend... So no more than 3/4 on the bank every session.
How would you improve this recipe??
Please explain what you would change and why! I wanna hear ideas from people who are more experienced so I will help me growing my boilie making passion. Thanks!

4 hours ago, M41ck said:

Hi guys, I'm Maicol from Italy and I am pretty new to self made boilie. On a book from Roberto Ripamonti, a famous Italian carp angler, I found a recipe that should come from Jim Gibbinson.
-25% CLO
-25% Milk
-20% fish (I used LT94)
-20% semolina
-10% wheat gluten
I was interested in a boilies that was cheap but effective with few ingredients. 
I usually do day fishing, or weekend... So no more than 3/4 on the bank every session.
How would you improve this recipe??
Please explain what you would change and why! I wanna hear ideas from people who are more experienced so I will help me growing my boilie making passion. Thanks!

The milk protein I would be using is Rennet Casein which you have marked as 25% milk. From memory that was Jim Gibbinson's original milk.

I would drop the quantity to 10-15% and add in Full Fat Soya Flour to take it back to your 100%.

I must admit that working in percentage ratios in very easy when it transfers nicely to kilogrammes.

The next part is getting your liquids into the bait, with the eggs you use. Based on a 4 egg mix I would suggest around 25ml of Krill protein hydrolysate, 25ml of Corn Steep Liquor liquid. You shouldn't need to add any flavours to it, but a very low level of n-butyric acid is a good additional attractor, beware it stinks of rancid cheese.

You should be able to get the liquids from feedstim.com delivered to Italy

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

The milk protein I would be using is Rennet Casein which you have marked as 25% milk. From memory that was Jim Gibbinson's original milk.

I would drop the quantity to 10-15% and add in Full Fat Soya Flour to take it back to your 100%.

I must admit that working in percentage ratios in very easy when it transfers nicely to kilogrammes.

The next part is getting your liquids into the bait, with the eggs you use. Based on a 4 egg mix I would suggest around 25ml of Krill protein hydrolysate, 25ml of Corn Steep Liquor liquid. You shouldn't need to add any flavours to it, but a very low level of n-butyric acid is a good additional attractor, beware it stinks of rancid cheese.

You should be able to get the liquids from feedstim.com delivered to Italy

Thank you for your answer! Every help is really appreciated! Luckily lately it's easy to get every Ingredient here In Italy too :) at home i have other few things I could use, GLM, live and inactive yeast, hydro liver, hydro emoglobin.... For liquids I have much flavours, nutramino, true blood (liquid emoglobin), liquid Robin red,molasses...do you suggest to Incorporate any of this? 

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

You shouldn't need to add any flavours to it

Hi Maicol Totally agree  with the above .  I use liquid foods (liver,krill,bloodworm,spleen) avoiding flavours   and mixes i make my own from grounded seeds , vegetables etc here in  my country (Greece) the latest years and  i am satisfied. 

1 hour ago, M41ck said:

Thank you for your answer! Every help is really appreciated! Luckily lately it's easy to get every Ingredient here In Italy too :) at home i have other few things I could use, GLM, live and inactive yeast, hydro liver, hydro emoglobin.... For liquids I have much flavours, nutramino, true blood (liquid emoglobin), liquid Robin red,molasses...do you suggest to Incorporate any of this? 

Green lipped mussel is an ingredient at low level, you will only need around 100grams per kilo of base mix, same with yeast and liver.

I actually prefer liquid yeast as a bait soak or in my eggs as the liquid content.

You could try any of the liquids to see which works best in your bait. Molasses is ok, but does draw in abramis brama if there are any in your waters.

22 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Green lipped mussel is an ingredient at low level, you will only need around 100grams per kilo of base mix, same with yeast and liver.

I actually prefer liquid yeast as a bait soak or in my eggs as the liquid content.

You could try any of the liquids to see which works best in your bait. Molasses is ok, but does draw in abramis brama if there are any in your waters.

Oh ok! So GLM and so will be 1 kg + additives, not 900 grams mix + additives... Right??