Brick hill pit wolverhampton

never heard of it matey and i have lived and fished around wolves for over 50 years.

where about is it as it may be known by another name cos colloquial names tend to stick round here like Mill ride pools aka the pig farm aka Bills pools.

if you have more info i may know sommat :lol:

1 hour ago, cyborx said:

never heard of it matey and i have lived and fished around wolves for over 50 years.

where about is it as it may be known by another name cos colloquial names tend to stick round here like Mill ride pools aka the pig farm aka Bills pools.

if you have more info i may know sommat :lol:

It’s down a dirt track in Codsall , 200 yards from the foaming jug   , it’s got brick hill pit on the gate and a sign saying fishing 

7AE214D0-67B0-4C95-82FA-D68D3CE22DA0.jpeg

right!! by the foaming jug i presume you mean the Oaken arms at Kingswood?

if so then the pool is the one just over the lights toward albrighton, yes?

ok, i used to fish the pool up the left fork between the summerhouse and the horns of bonningale and at that time (3 years ago) the pool you are talking about was owned by a riding school and was open for day tickets.

old story, riding school goes bust and goes on sale to include the pool, sale falls thru twice but all fishing was stopped the day the school closed, i have been passed on numerous occasions but the sign has never changed from a white square with an angler with rod and fish with the word fishing starting with an exaggerated cap F.

last time i went passed was about 4-5 weeks ago and it was the same so if it has changed to 'brick hill pit then i would assume that it has reopened under a new name.

there were rumors of some really nice carp in there up to mid 20s and one mirror 'one scale' one large scale on each gill plate being a part time 30.

after being ejected by security on a couple of occasions when the place was unoccupied while having a 'scout around' i gave up on the place but still have hopes :lol:

hope that helps :wink:  Jon

22 hours ago, Maddogmurt said:

Cheers bud 

gonna try it tomoz see who turns up 

so will let you know how it goes 

cheers again for the info 

by the way. I walked up to the pool. All pegs have been cleaned and bushes cut back 

looks like it may have new owners then, name change and cleaned swims = new money.

wonder if the old stock is still there??

On 15 May 2018 at 18:24, Maddogmurt said:

It’s down a dirt track in Codsall , 200 yards from the foaming jug   , it’s got brick hill pit on the gate and a sign saying fishing 

7AE214D0-67B0-4C95-82FA-D68D3CE22DA0.jpeg

Other than the high tension power lines, a pretty looking place

The lake which was once part of Wergs Hall is well worth investigation. I haven't fished it myself but have had some decent reports from members on my syndicate. It can be seen from the A41 & certainly holds fish over 20lb. There was a pretty detailed thread about it on one of the local Facebook Forums - think it was last year but not 100% sure.

Very strangely I've just popped down there. I used to fish the one up at the back of the horns but this has now closed. 

The brick hill pit owner was there, a nice chap called Sam. He said no one really fishes it, a few sometimes, but it's mostly quiet. 

It's a fiver to fish it and looks to contain a lot of small fish. While I was there I saw what looked like pretty large chub, but could have well been carp. Sam said that there are carp in there but doesn't know how big. 

All in, it looks a nice little pool and I'll be giving it a go. I'll keep you updated. 

If anyone heads down let me know how it goes. 

Thanks 

Andy 

• 7 months later...
On 17/05/2018 at 14:07, Bully-For-Me said:

The lake which was once part of Wergs Hall is well worth investigation. I haven't fished it myself but have had some decent reports from members on my syndicate. It can be seen from the A41 & certainly holds fish over 20lb. There was a pretty detailed thread about it on one of the local Facebook Forums - think it was last year but not 100% sure.

Iv fish wergs as much as I can i love the place really quite stunning place untouched really