Catch22, Cranworth, Cobble acre or swangey??

Which lake?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which lake?

• Catch 22
    • Cobble acre (Mario's)
    • Cranwoth
    • swangey
    • other

Depends what you want from your fishing!

Cranworth/Woodrising is quite small and has some nice fairly "easy" Carp, also has CrayFish.

Get the fish feeding and you will catch.

Catch 22 can be a case of 2 swims that fish best (use the search, it has been mentioned before, and the advice still holds good).

Swangey, fairly heavily pressured as well, but the results are there if you work at it.

Cobbleacre, again have a search it has been mentioned before, and not all in a favourable light.

Other waters, Taverham Mills, Waveney Valley, Suffolk Water Park. Use the Search facility, it will give you plenty of threads covering them.

i would choose catch 22 mate! me and three others have been there a few times the past year or so and its a great place, especially now the cafe is up and running. we went last august for a week and the fishing was really good, we had around 25 fish between us which all got caught during the night. they seem to be mainly night feeders at catch 22 ive found. i would fish with small hookbaits and tiny pva bags on the gravel patches to start of with, and if you start catching and the fish seem to be on the feed i would introduce some bait. but overall its a teriffic place with good facilities ect..god luck :)

• 1 year later...

Cranworth would drive me mad for 5 days, the level of angling is terrible with damaged fish and the waters to small + plus all the noddys turn up and ruin it. No facilites nice owners though.

Swangey is a good lake with cats to 70lb and carp to 37lb, apparently theres about 70+ decent fish (20lb+) alot of doubles. Its absolutley stuffed full of bream and tench. It also gets very busy so moving and getting on the fish is harder. No facilites really and has gone up to 15 for 24hrs which is steep.

Cobbleacre is the most expensive but the prettiest and nicest, about 70 fish in 4 acres lovely looking, with a common at 37lb being the biggest maybe 3-4 other 30s and around 30 cats up to 40lb has shop and good facilities.

Catch 22 is stuffed full of foreign carp from holland originally contained 2500 fish alot went into the syndicate and elswhere, still rammed but the fish have got harder to tempt(so i hear). Very swimmy only 2 really good pegs, average size is approx 18lb and brilliant facilites however very expensive. Owners a money hungry git

I would have a look round and decide for yourself as it depends on the numbers going and what you want from your trip.

however my bet would be cobbleacre great fish, nice lake, good facilites and room, Swangey is good but you'd be lucky to haul there and its busy + expensive for what you get, forget cranworth unless youve just started carping

Cranworth would drive me mad for 5 days, the level of angling is terrible with damaged fish and the waters to small + plus all the noddys turn up and ruin it. No facilites nice owners though.

Swangey is a good lake with cats to 70lb and carp to 37lb, apparently theres about 70+ decent fish (20lb+) alot of doubles. Its absolutley stuffed full of bream and tench. It also gets very busy so moving and getting on the fish is harder. No facilites really and has gone up to 15 for 24hrs which is steep.

Cobbleacre is the most expensive but the prettiest and nicest, about 70 fish in 4 acres lovely looking, with a common at 37lb being the biggest maybe 3-4 other 30s and around 30 cats up to 40lb has shop and good facilities.

Catch 22 is stuffed full of foreign carp from holland originally contained 2500 fish alot went into the syndicate and elswhere, still rammed but the fish have got harder to tempt(so i hear). Very swimmy only 2 really good pegs, average size is approx 18lb and brilliant facilites however very expensive. Owners a money hungry git

I would have a look round and decide for yourself as it depends on the numbers going and what you want from your trip.

however my bet would be cobbleacre great fish, nice lake, good facilites and room, Swangey is good but you'd be lucky to haul there and its busy + expensive for what you get, forget cranworth unless youve just started carping

Excellent post 8)

Sadly for Carpcrazy01, it's a year too late :wink:

No more swearing please. It gets people banned :wink:

Excellent post 8)

Sadly for Carpcrazy01, it's a year too late :wink:

No more swearing please. It gets people banned :wink:

Well spotted stoogi !

But while we are on the subject ,I will give an opinion on catch 22 as nicks seems to be a little unjust in some parts .

Firstly I agree that the fish came from holland ,there has never been any secret about that ,it even used to state on the rules board that no british record may be claimed from the fishery (if they ever get that big).

No fish have been placed into the syndicate lake from the day ticket since the lakes opened in 1995 infact the syndicate lake holds less than 60 fish .

As for being expensive it has been £20 for 24hrs since it opened ,there has been major investment in facilitys IE the new cafe and tackle shop toilets and showers with nothing being added to the price of a ticket ,so i cant really see were you are coming from saying the owner is a money grabber .

Some fish may or may not have gone in the river during floods ,but anyone who has seen the fish doing there evening display will tell you there is still a huge head of fish in there 50% of which are now over 20lb .

A common complaint i hear is that it is peggy and you will only catch in swims 1,31 the island and nature reserve swims "rubbish " I have personally caught from every swim on the lake ,sure some swims are better in winter some in summer ,but they can all produce at anytime,Iremember having 9 fish from peg 22 in 24 hours while all the popular swims blanked ,peolple were even walking past stacks of fish because they had to get to 31 as it was empty even though most of the fish wer up the other end of the lake, crazy !