North House Lake/Wyboston river, Luton Angling Club

Hey Guys,

So i recently joined Luton angling club and was just wondering if anyone has fished North House Lake or the river section at Wyboston. I'm likely going to be mainly targeting North House and with the river being literally next to it, ill likely do a good few hours on there too.

Anyone got any info or tips about the waters? 

• 2 weeks later...

I fish Wyboston quite often, there's a good amount of options there and it's close to my house. I'm some sort of cursed on North House though, can't seem to get on them. But I know a good deal about the lake. Terry the bailiff is an outstanding guy and a big character, he is there several times a day and will give you good starting tips. Margins are key there, lots of snags and a good amount of weed.

3 hours ago, Obsessed said:

I fish Wyboston quite often, there's a good amount of options there and it's close to my house. I'm some sort of cursed on North House though, can't seem to get on them. But I know a good deal about the lake. Terry the bailiff is an outstanding guy and a big character, he is there several times a day and will give you good starting tips. Margins are key there, lots of snags and a good amount of weed.

Yeah Terry is definitely a character! :lol:

Yeah the margins look really good there for a bait and on my last session, my only activity came from my margin rod.

How weedy does it generally get?

3 hours ago, Obsessed said:

It gets moderately weedy, but not overgrown. There are clear spots in most swims, like the fish, you just gotta find 'em. I always keep at least one rod in the margin and look for a clear spot for the other rod. The pair of swans there will be on your bait in the margins, so be subtle.

Thanks dude!

• 9 months later...

Hey Guys

Hope you don't mind me digging up an old thread but I have been trying to think of a place I want to have a crack at this year, this one sprung to mind as its quite local to me, I used to fish the other lake a bit when I was a kid but this one looks quite appealing now, and there looks some nice old fish to angle for, how have you found it now you have been there a while ?

Thanks for that Obsessed, I think I might have a try on there this year, ive always quite liked fishing close in so that style should suit me, hopefully I can get a few, I will probably stick to short sessions and days mainly due to family etc not sure if it is just coincidence but a lot of the gallery pics were taken in daylight, so I am thinking this may not hinder me too much, 

Are you quite local to there ? I am in Papworth, where are you fishing now if you don't mind me asking ? 

good luck with Gingerbread I've never fished it but driven over lots of times and used to read about some its inhabitants in the fishing section of the Biggleswade Chronicle, it was always gingerbread and willington that had the biggies in the olden days, 

I think I quite like the idea of north House now it seems to have all I want for the coming year I may even throw some bait in the south lagoon as well might be nice to see what lurks in there, 

shame I have to wait till half way through the year for a ticket though, :(