Fox Fx11 reels

First tip is reel line slowly onto the reel from a bucket of water. I don't know why, but going slowly seriously improves line lay compared to reeling on as fast as you can.

The washers are in theory there to change the line lay to specific circumstances, washers on, line at the front for casting, so its tapered towards the lip of the spool.

33 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

First tip is reel line slowly onto the reel from a bucket of water. I don't know why, but going slowly seriously improves line lay compared to reeling on as fast as you can.

The washers are in theory there to change the line lay to specific circumstances, washers on, line at the front for casting, so its tapered towards the lip of the spool.

Errrr washers "on" will bunch the line up towards the back of the spool. To get it to load more to the front you'd take washers "off" (if there are any)...

1 hour ago, smufter said:

Errrr washers "on" will bunch the line up towards the back of the spool. To get it to load more to the front you'd take washers "off" (if there are any)...

Sorry, my bad. Brain and fingers not coordinating😱😳