Fairlop waters

Yeah mate there are a few fish in there but it ain't until you put a bit of Time on there that you will realise there is not as much stock in there as they portray a lot of the fellas on the big lake this weekend are only fishing it as a large part of the small lake is unfishavle with weed. When you fish the big lake you will bump into guys that are quite chatty and after a while you'll realise that it is not quite the water it was.

56 minutes ago, Billios said:

Yeah mate there are a few fish in there but it ain't until you put a bit of Time on there that you will realise there is not as much stock in there as they portray a lot of the fellas on the big lake this weekend are only fishing it as a large part of the small lake is unfishavle with weed. When you fish the big lake you will bump into guys that are quite chatty and after a while you'll realise that it is not quite the water it was.

D

The full ticket runs from June with no close season this year for the first time apparently. It's gone up quite a bit this year to £275 for the year they are doing a winter ticket but depending who you speak to its vague as to if that allows you to fish days on the big lake. Biggest probkem I've found is the boats and skulls on there. I'm told they don't effect the fishing but with mainly kids using them they tend to be nosey and on or around your rod tips. The anglers get very little respect from the sailing club and the people that work there as they are constantly patrolling the lake with speed boats. If I was you I'd have a good walk round a few times  before joining I thought it would ease as the weather broke but still goes on now. The East lake during the summer can become very busy with swimmers

I’ve walked it a few times in the winter last year and it was dead no boaters on it at all as for the noise I’ve fished the chase I think I will be able to copewith it winter ticket going up to 140 in a few week still 110 at the moment guna grab it next weekend any young anglers on there I’m only 20 ant fished much the last Year as I’ve had my litte girl any bait recommendations I manly fish solided bags bags but with it being such a large water don’t think there realy guna work with distance but the fish I have seen show in the main lake were in close to the concert boat ramp

General opinion is find the fish and cast to any showing fish. Any decent branded bait seems to work bright baits I've found most successful too much pellet in any bait you use will draw the bream in ( not that you get plagued with em ). Seems to be getting a bit busier now especially around weekends with people fishing right round the lake. I'd personally stay away from the east lake end of the lake( seems busiest with boats / canoes etc). Tactics vary with some boys fishing over spod I personally don't go mad with the bait. Don't get sucked into thinking you gotta fish at 130 yards unless you see fish there. Most of my success has been casting to the islands and around where they Moor up the boats. When winter sets in the fellas tend to favour the club end of the lake. Do be prepared to put the time in though if you want success on here it's nothing like the chase the stocking is much more sparse and with size of the water being what it is it's tough. This season I've had around 16 days for only 3 fish biggest of 27lb

Cheers mate some good info there deffently feel like I’m ready for a challenge just got to Learn the water and I’m sure I will get on a few fish this winter as I’ve always found fishing as little bait as possible works I had pb mirror on a single sold bag and no freebies and most of my fishing has been the same can’t wait to get down there and wet a line on the main lake