Korda Hybrid or Good ole' mantis???

carpingod150

I personally would not bother with hybrid or the super natural braid as they both snap way below the stated b/s, 20lb hybrid soft breaks at 16lb and 15lb super natural as little as 3lb. As you guess we have rang korda and all the hook lengths (exept the IQ) are going back to korda.

It doesn't sit well at all for such a company with Korda's stature to continually have serious QA problems with their gear.Lead clips,hooks,hooklengths and PVA have all failed anglers but still they continue to turn out substandard gear.

Don't hear problems to that extent about ESP,Kryston,Rig Marole etc or even smaller end tackle producers.......personally I wouldn't touch any of their gear :evil:

I personally would not bother with hybrid or the super natural braid as they both snap way below the stated b/s, 20lb hybrid soft breaks at 16lb and 15lb super natural as little as 3lb. As you guess we have rang korda and all the hook lengths (exept the IQ) are going back to korda.

It doesn't sit well at all for such a company with Korda's stature to continually have serious QA problems with their gear.Lead clips,hooks,hooklengths and PVA have all failed anglers but still they continue to turn out substandard gear.

Don't hear problems to that extent about ESP,Kryston,Rig Marole etc or even smaller end tackle producers.......personally I wouldn't touch any of their gear :evil:

Except ESP hooks :wink:

Now I'd like to see Kryston making a hook, have 100% confidence in all their stuff :)

Except ESP hooks :wink:

Now I'd like to see Kryston making a hook, have 100% confidence in all their stuff :)

Not saying those companies haven't had issues but Korda seem to have a problem with nearly everything they release. :roll:

I am willing to give the hybrid a chance as it does have a lot going for it. However I have tried a number of different knots and can not get it to break above 15lb. More often around the 13lb mark which for a 20lb rated hooklink is not too good. 90% of the time it is snapping just below the knot.

I have tried to steam the knot when tightening down but the coating deteriates completely.

Anybody have any advice? :roll:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i have had a similar problem with the striptease, it's great stuff when the coating doesn't break at the knot, does anyone know a way around this as i have found the colour to be perfect for the lakes i fish and therefore do not want to change the product.

I've had similar problem with the Stelth Skin and I've seen that if u wet the knot with plenty saliva or even sink it in water it doesn't break.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ive been fishing over silt and have previously used mantis and snakebite and rate them , i went to my local tackle shop and asked for thie " mantis dark" and he said " oh right when did thay start making that " and got made a fool out of haha :lol:

so instead i bought suffix stiff silt , can anyone rate this have never used any of their hooklink materials before

thanks

• 3 months later...

This is a little off topic but is a similar question to Cg150's :) :

I'm running out of Fox cortex brown and so need to replace it however Ive been looking at getting Suffix camo fusion instead.

I have never had a problem with cortex and it does what i need it to do however i fancy a change and would like something slightly better camouflaged as at times my cortex has been quite visible and i have had to mess about tying a combi rig with some soft fluro, i would not mind this but i don't like having that extra knot in my set up.

i Have Korda hybrid for when i need something that bit stiffer and for fishing over gravel, suffix green sheath skin for fishing in weeder/greener patches and then cortex as my light chod/mud/silt etc hooklink.

i have never liked the sheath skin as much as the cortex as its slightly thicker but they are both very similar (ni-on the same) in stiff/softness properties.

knot strength is brilliant in both and they are both easy to use.

If i buy the suffix camo fusion i will be doing so over the Internet and so cant get to see any close and feel it so i wondered what you guys think of it.

I will happily buy cortex again but i would like a change and hopefully it will be a change for the better.