Buzz Bars vs Pods

I have and will use both where needed but i much prefer bank sticks for the versatility of them. I also find them much more stable and secure, especially fishing close in. 

With a pod, i find that you are limited on control as all your rod tips will face the same way, regardless of where your're fishing. I have had a pod tip over on me when fishing right close to the margins and when i had a particularly violent take, it pulled the rod and the whole pod went.

Also with bank sticks, i keep my alarms, bobbins ect on them all the time so its always ready to go.

17 hours ago, The_Viking_Angler said:

I have and will use both where needed but i much prefer bank sticks for the versatility of them. I also find them much more stable and secure, especially fishing close in. 

With a pod, i find that you are limited on control as all your rod tips will face the same way, regardless of where your're fishing. I have had a pod tip over on me when fishing right close to the margins and when i had a particularly violent take, it pulled the rod and the whole pod went.

Also with bank sticks, i keep my alarms, bobbins ect on them all the time so its always ready to go.

I found that with a centre bar on the pod it was less stable than a goal post pod. I do also put a cup hook or tie wrap on a pod leg into the ground. 

It goes against the grain, especially for me, but at times with a pod, set your baitrunners loosely so takes are not so violent.

Only time I had problems with the pod was a take at Earith, my dog also reacted, and pushed me, so as I grabbed the rod, I slid down past the pod, knocking it over, and I went into the lake while playing a fish.

Most of the time I did used to prefer goalpost and buzzer bars, but now with Solar P1, its pod almost all of the time.