I'm looking to pick up a couple smaller reels to match up with a pair of Sonik 10' 2.75 TC rods.  The setup will be used in a smaller lake with casts no more than 50 yards or so.  Leaning towards the Mitchell Avocast FS 2000 .  Has anyone had any experience with this reel?  

I don't know how the Mitchell reels are constructed, or how well the drag is assembled, but for the money I'd recommend checking out the KastKing Sharky bait feeder 3000 reels. They are quality made, and the two I bought have stood up well to carp up to 25 lbs, trying to bury in the weeds. I would buy these reels again for sure.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll check them out. I actually have (2) Mitchell 300s that I bought new about 40 years ago.  Still operational.  Very basic.  Very sturdy.  I've seen Mitchell's being sold in discount stores here in the States for years.  They look and feel a little flimsy.  The Avocast appears to be better made.  But I'll stilll check out the Sharky's.   Thanks