Wave runner shuttle

Hello carpers , I purchased a wave runner shuttle about May last year it has done the job everytime 

now my first session back I come to use it and the first couple of drops were ok (4drops) 

i come to use it the 5th time , fully charged battery's ....

when it was going out it seem slower than normal ... Got to the spot .. Whent to drop the bait saw all the lights flashing  ( the wrong ones ) brought the boat back my bait hadn't released so I pushed them open get my rig out , close the door try to realise it but they never poped open , asif there wasn't enough pressure but you could see it trying . 

Got home stuck everything on charge took 15-20 minsmax for it to be green light , then it work fine 

took it out again , same thing happend after a few drops , it packed up working 

confused 

any advice/suggestion what could be wrong ?

🎣🎣🎣🎣

I've been doing some reading on lead acid batteries. Brom what I've read, they are usually designed to be kept between 70% and 100% charged. Going below this will damage them and reduce their life. There are some, designed for use in electrical trick wheelchairs/mobility scooters that can handle deep discharge, but they are a lot heavier.

Lead acid batteries loose up to 5% charge per month in storage. Over 6 months that could be 30% and if put away without full charge can cause a number of issues, including degradation of the plates in the battery which is irreversible.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you will need new batteries.

What are the current battery make & model numbers?

If you want some insights on th e inner workings do a search for battery university or lead acid battery conditioning charge. Lead batteries can't be condition charged like ni-cd batteries but will give you some info on how to keep them in top condition whilst in storage and expected life span/charge cycles and charging. Sounds like they are pretty needy in terms of care.

Edited by InteraX

8 hours ago, InteraX said:

I've been doing some reading on lead acid batteries. Brom what I've read, they are usually designed to be kept between 70% and 100% charged. Going below this will damage them and reduce their life. There are some, designed for use in electrical trick wheelchairs/mobility scooters that can handle deep discharge, but they are a lot heavier.

Lead acid batteries loose up to 5% charge per month in storage. Over 6 months that could be 30% and if put away without full charge can cause a number of issues, including degradation of the plates in the battery which is irreversible.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you will need new batteries.

What are the current battery make & model numbers?

If you want some insights on th e inner workings do a search for battery university or lead acid battery conditioning charge. Lead batteries can't be condition charged like ni-cd batteries but will give you some info on how to keep them in top condition whilst in storage and expected life span/charge cycles and charging. Sounds like they are pretty needy in terms of care.

Batteries: Lead-acid 6V4AH/HR
Ni-MH AA1500mAh 1.2V

Toolstation look to have a similar battery, but without a specific make/model, i cant tell.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/d190/Batteries/sd2450/Sealed+Lead+Acid+Battery/p94217

Also, if the boat runs at and charges at 12V then the batteries will be being run in series and it could just be 1 battery that's dud, but you can't really tell without checking voltages etc. on each battery individually.