Rod eye ring.

Hi can anyone tell me the name for the ring that sits in the eye as today i got one of my rods out that i have owned for a while but has had very little use and the 2nd from top eye ring is missing like its just dropped out of the eye ... the eye is not damaged atall no bends or scratches like i caught it on summin.

Can you replace the rings or do you have to change the whole eye ?.

Thanx.

You might be fortunate to get a liner, from a tackle shop, but bear in mind that liner will have fallen out of a rod ring...

They can be glued back into place, but it will always be a possible weak spot.

Reasons for them falling out are the rod ring guide has been bent, the liner got broken or chipped and cracked out.

The best solution is to replace the rod guide with a new one, and it is not that hard a job to do yourself.

Buy the correct size rod ring, and file and sand the legs down so they are perfectly smooth. With a scalpel cut the old whipping thread off the broken guide. Gently with wet and dry remove the old varnish from under the guide.

Whip new ring on. Clear nail varnish can be used to build it up, but a proper rod varnish is best.

20 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

You might be fortunate to get a liner, from a tackle shop, but bear in mind that liner will have fallen out of a rod ring...

They can be glued back into place, but it will always be a possible weak spot.

Reasons for them falling out are the rod ring guide has been bent, the liner got broken or chipped and cracked out.

The best solution is to replace the rod guide with a new one, and it is not that hard a job to do yourself.

Buy the correct size rod ring, and file and sand the legs down so they are perfectly smooth. With a scalpel cut the old whipping thread off the broken guide. Gently with wet and dry remove the old varnish from under the guide.

Whip new ring on. Clear nail varnish can be used to build it up, but a proper rod varnish is best.

I supose being ceramic it dont take much to knock it and put a crack in the ring and then it just drops out ... i could probley do the repair but it would look like i had a few shandys along the way best left to the guys that no what they are doing i think.