AVID PINDOWN HOOKLINK - issues

does anyone know if there are problems with this stuff? There are 2 sellers on EBAY, both have priced themselves out of the market (999.99/109.99 per 10m).

i emailed one of them and they said they were having "quality control issues" with it. Not sure if it's faulty, or they just can't get it, but i also note it's out of stock on Amazon.

i know some shops have it, but i just wondered if there were problems with it...??

thanks for the alternative suggestions, but i'd still like to get hold of some of the avid pindown. i contacted avid and they tell me there isn't a problem with either the leaders or hooklink, but they have new versions coming out this summer. Meanwhile, no-one seems to have either hooklink or leader in the green colour, Most shops have none at all, in any colour, and some dealers say this item has been discontinued by the supplier, or they've had "quality control" problems. Hmmmm!!???  Seems to me there might well be "issues"...

guess  i'lll wait til summer then...