Rods need re-whipping, any recommendations?

My rods are starting to look past their best now so I have been thinking of getting some new ones, thing is I don't fish very much at all these days, just a week in France and a few day trips per year so I have only been looking at the cheaper end of the market.

Current rods are Harrison Chimera in 2.75lb which are probably better rods than the cheaper models available.

Would I be better off buying new or getting mine re-built?

How much could I expect it to cost to have the rings replaced and new butt grips - reel seats are fine and would leave those.

Best off phoning a few rod builders and speaking direct, i would imagine it will be quite expensive, for the builder the labor hours will be the same as doing a new set of rods, i have heard Fosters of Birmingham offer a good service, you could do it yourself, plenty of videos on the net to follow, you can always strip them back and do them again if you are not happy with your work the first time around.