Coventry/Warwick area

RFCARP92

Evening lads, I'm looking to get on the bank in the morning was looking at linear but seems to be filling up quickly so just wondering does anybody know of any local lake around coventry area just to get a day session in with a good chance ? Cheers rich

Barston or Makins would be your best bet, walked around  barston today, fairly busy for the time of the year, by early afternoon there was a lot of fish activity at the very far end of the lake, i was surprised by the amount of scum and bubbles on the surface, right tight to the reeds in a long line, no one was fishing that far down, and you have the deepest water at that end of the lake.

Unlucky, that lake behind the blue liars pub used to be a top notch syndicate water, the old pub owner used to run it for him and his mates. There is also a farm near the pub, i think it is called clay pits farm, they have a small pond that is nice to fish, there used to be some nice old carp in there.

Forgot to say yesterday, if you do go barston you will need to take ID and join their club, it's free they want to know who is fishing on their lake, if they are still doing that?

Still is a good water to fish mate to be honest just gutted it was frozen over, the farm your on about also was all frozen over the opposite side of the bridge if that's what your thinking of? Also I haven't fished Barston for a while last time I was there just payed my day ticket and off I went to pick my peg and wasn't bothered again apart from the passers by, your local to this area then bud? I'm located in Coventry

Yeah i'm in Tile Hill. That's the farm i was on about, the farm is run by a real nice family, i have never been charged for fishing there, but they often come around to see what you have had out, they built some houses on the land a few years back, haven't been since then.

I might do a bit over that way myself this year, either Stockton or Napton, i have been going down to Northampton this last year, going to try to keep that ticket for over-nighters and do some days local.