Tribal "Velocity" rods any good????

As happy as I am with my Outkast "Smallwater" rods, I am always on the look out for 11 footers with a slightly higher test curve.

Came across these during a surfing session...

http://www.nordfishing77.at/shimano-tribal-velocity-11ft-2-75lbs-2407

Has anybody used the Velocity rods before, or maybe still has some?

At just over £80.00 a rod, they seem very good value for money.

Thoughts????

I have the 12ft 3lb version, with shrink wrap handles, I can't fault them, they look good (my opinion of course) and do the job nicely, I researched them as much as possible when I bought them and I literally couldnt find anything bad about them..... nothing but praise in fact and that's from the media guys and independent reviews too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noooo, the full corks are the new additions to my tackle shed, they are 10ft 3lb Nash scopes, bought because the 12ft velocitys are bit to big for some of the swims i fish, their is a pic of the velocities on here somewhere though..... rite here in fact

48ddfa100acc72de2a92ee3d162b3318.jpg

Edited by spr1985

The scopes come with 50mm or 40mm it's the buyers choice....I have also heard nothing but good about the whychwood extricators I went with the scopes for the pack down length and the fact that I was offered a deal I could t refuse...enough hijacking now (sorry smufter) but partially on point if you like the look of the velocities ianain they come in 10ft option too

No problem. I had been looking at the Extricators too, but I really want 11' rods that's why the Shimano's appealed to me.

Finding 11 footers in a "decent" test curve is a nightmare unless you want to spend a fortune on Free Spirit or Harrison gear.

If I had the money I'd be buying Baby Ballista's but I don't so I won't

:wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Edited by smufter

Angling Direct were doing some really good deals on the Shimano Velocity rods a little while back, around £50 per rod. It might be worth checking them out on their site.

Thanks for the heads up, but I'd already had a look on their website and they don't list the 11' model.

Nobody does!!

:cry:  :cry:

Where did you manage to source them mate?

http://www.nordfishing77.at/shimano-tribal-velocity-11ft-2-75lbs-2407

Spoken to a guy on "another" forum who purchased from this company and he gave them the thumbs up.

Checked with them via email and they have 3 in stock and have no problems at all with shipping to the UK.

The 11' model is very difficult to track down, plenty of 12' versions in stock in the UK and being offered at very good prices, but I don't want 12 footers.

These ones work out at roughly £80.00 each. I did ask if they would offer a bit of a discount for 3 rods, but they wouldn't budge on price.

I'll see how I get on with them, may even end up parting with my beloved Outkast "Small waters", although I'm tempted to keep those for "old times sake".

I've also got a set of 3 Korum 10' rods that I may well pass on to my daughters boyfriend as a Christmas present, but I'll hang fire for a bit..... I don't know if he will look after them as he's a bit slapdash with his gear.

Oh cool glad you managed to find them! I'm sure you won't be disappointed [emoji6] as you know I have bought the Nash scopes for the pack down length if it hadn't of been them I would have gone for the 10ft velocities, my thoughts now are....see how I get on with the scopes and that will determine if I sell the 12ft velocities or like you keep them for sentitment

Got to be honest.....the translation leaves a lot to be desired!!

The slim blank XT60 has enormous power reserves. This 11 'model with a test curve of 2,75lbs offers ample power reserves - incredible Drill fun!

The fast tip portion ensures the accuracy of the throw. The great blank with the light 40 Start Ring, expands the potential litter and allows the cord to run conically from the roll.

The Tribal Velocity thus allows aggressive throws, the progressive action persists and you can very well conduct your carp to the network.

This stunning action is further enhanced by the subtle but sturdy tenon joint.

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Edited by smufter

lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] my other half did that to me when she got me the dwarf for my birthday!

I think it's disgusting.

I need to check that they got the ringing and whippings right.

I need to check that my reels fit perfectly.

I need to check how balanced they feel with the reels fitted.

I need to check that they fit my rod pod properly.

I need to check that the handles fit in my rear rod rests.

Women.

They just don't understand.

:roll: