Himley hall dudley

I remember the episode and i know what peg he fished but didnt really say much about the carp or tench in there that im going to target. To be honest they didnt say much about the lake at all if i remember rightly. If its anything like the crystal clear top pool its going to be 2 foot of weed with very limited clear spots but i have no idea of depths and as ill only have 4 hours to fish tonight i dont want to disturbe the swim using a marker.

you got two choices then, either bags and pop ups or chods, learn as you go along with that one, if you can identify where you want to fish it, regular particle prebaits will get the fish to clear the weed for you.

Agree, Steve. My choice would be solid bag with freebies, lead and hooklength enclosed. The OP didn't say how long he's planning to stay although I note that he's from Wolverhampton which is fairly close but not doorstep for prebaiting......

Ian

There are some cracking dark big fish in that pool, there is a syndicate ticket available for nights I believe, but you have to live with in the catchment area, from what I can remember. Lots of weed, plus the boats come out every so often so steer clear of the shallows when they are out. Last time I was there which was a couple of years ago, the going area seemed to be in front of the trees on the non fishing bank, its a good cast, and you'll find it hard getting in there as its popular with the members, day tickets used to be just over a fiver, from 730am until 5 or so in the evening. Its not an easy water, so prepare yourself for that but the rewards are there. PVA bags may well be a good choice for days, good luck :)