floating method

richardmc

Fish it Semi-Fixed so that on taking the Bait the Carp hook themselves against the weight of the Floating Feeder. Not sure of the Attachment of them, if you post a pic of it I could probably tell a good way of attaching it to the Mainline so that it can come off in the event of a breakage.

As to hooklink length Experiment, as to what depths the Carp will take the Bait. Sometimes it may only be 5cms below the feeder, sometimes a lot longer using a slowly sinking Bait.

no picture but can discribe it. its like a method feeder on the end of a very large float with a swivel in the end of the feeder. it seems to me its attached like a float,with shot holding it in place.as this meens my hook will be on the main line, do you think sweetcorn a good hook bait?

Hookbait can be whatever you put in the Method Mix. The more ingredients and bits you have in your groundbait the more options you have for hookbait. If you search "method feeder" there is a thread on that that came up not that long ago :wink:

I wouldn't use Shot on the Line when Carp Fishing as I worry about weak points that they may create.

When Float Fishing I often Make a loop with the Mainline (not a knot) and thread that loop through the eye of the Float. Pull the Loop over the top of the Float and then pull the line tight, it creates a "lock" for the Float so that it doesn't move. You can also loosen it and slide the Float shallower or deeper. You can still use a standard swivel for the Hooklink attachment, giving you the choice of changing hooklink lengths quickly.

I have just discovered Float stops (I,m a bit slow)I wish I had years ago as they make things soo much easier...I even figured a way of re-using them by thredding them back onto 3amp fuse wire...

I have just discovered Float stops (I,m a bit slow)I wish I had years ago as they make things soo much easier...I even figured a way of re-using them by thredding them back onto 3amp fuse wire...

Lol, :lol::lol:

I do that, then when I want them forget that they are there. :oops: I also have this problem that I see them sat in the Tackle Box, and look closely and realise that the Flipping things have perished when I need them :?:shock:

When Float Fishing I often Make a loop with the Mainline (not a knot) and thread that loop through the eye of the Float. Pull the Loop over the top of the Float and then pull the line tight, it creates a "lock" for the Float so that it doesn't move. You can also loosen it and slide the Float shallower or deeper. You can still use a standard swivel for the Hooklink attachment, giving you the choice of changing hooklink lengths quickly.

now that is priceless info will definitely use that next float fish sesh. :D