Nanpantan Reservoir

Has anyone fished at nanpantan reservoir near loughborough, in leicestershire, I've only been once, but I blanked, although I did see a bloke get a 22lb mirror from the other side of the lake.

The problem is, apart from the water tower, there are no features to fish to that you can see?!?

Here's a pic

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=52.749031~-1.250131&style=h&lvl=18&tilt=-89.8679853649729&dir=359.816348976097&alt=466.412569191307&encType=1'>

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=52.749031~-1.250131&style=h&lvl=18&tilt=-89.8679853649729&dir=359.816348976097&alt=466.412569191307&encType=1

(it does work, just takes a while to load??? :x )

I used to fish it at the very start of my carp fishing learning curve. I never caught anything either but then i again i wasnt geared up to fish a place like that, either tackle wise, mentally or through my technical skills or experience.

I wouldnt mind giving it another go now though but ive heard its days only, so night fishing is not allowed.

• 4 months later...
Have you got the marker rod out and had a feel around? Ive heard the margins produce well at night.

Tried the marker mate, seriously, it's a bowl!

No bars, weed, silty patches etc

The problem is fish location, there isn't (apart from the fountain) any obvious fish holding areas!

Fished nanny a couple of times and never blanked, i always fish to the left of the inlet (in between the inlet and outlet) or just the other side of the outlet and casting about 40-60 yards out and always fished fishmeal boilies with stringers, the night ticket is a syndicate ticket and i believe there is about a 4 year waiting list :shock:

• 5 months later...
supposed to be a small depression in the center of the lake running from inlet to outlet, pinapple popups is a good bet know a few that swear by them on there

Thats what I was on yesterday, DT baits ones, about 40-60 yards out, to the right of the water tower, and I got one liner all day :(

map.jpg

The red blobs are where I was fishing, and have I labelled the inlet and outlet right?

Well. I was ther again today, got an absolute screamer within 15 minutes of getting the rods in, and I was playing the fish for about 5 minutes, got it ten yards from the bank, and I just saw the leader knot, and then I got that horrible feeling of everything going slack as the fish comes off. Felt like a good fish too, mid-double at least :cry::cry::cry:

I thought it was going to be one of those days where you get a run at the start, then 'nowt for the rest of the day, but at 3.30 in the afternoon I got 3 bleeps on the Delks and the bobin dropped. I played this one extremely carefully, and when I eventually got it into the net I found a 3-4lb common, probably the smallest fish in there! :lol: I didn't bother weighing it or taking a picture, 'twas only a baby. Still, at least I didn't blank! 8)8)8)

And by the way, the competition is still open Courtz and everyone, so the first one to catch a fish gets the buttrests :lol: