Marsworth Reservoir 

Reedy11

Hello all.Went to Startops couple of years ago it's a hard water I thought. Managed to catch 21 lbs mirror within an hour lovely dark colour and shaped like a torpedo. Following week tried Marsworth but blanked you need some heavy duty gear to get the carp is what I found. They hang around the reeds at the back. Lots of bream in there. Fancy doing the canal this year.

Hey guys, I'm probally going to need some better gear to fish the harder lakes there, I'm going to try out the canal soon when it warms up a little, over 10 degrees on a day off and I'll be there. I'll have to check out that DVD bivvysteet, might have some interesting tips if I'm planning a session there.

When I went on Startops an old fella came over and talked to me. Asked me what I was trying to catch I said carp and he I would be lucky to catch one. He told me that they put 20 to 25 Carp in the reservoir in 1970-1971 and to the best of his knowledge he knew of no others going in. He also said that all the reservoirs are interconnected so know one is really sure what's in each.

its not that sad, keeps the easy street mob of our venues, keep the faith Bivvy and write off there carp puddles, then at least we don't have to put up with match idiots.

tis a shame that so many choose to go this route when it's not needed.Sorry to go off topic seems the canal is worth a punt though :)

Hey again I'm looking to sign up for LBAC as suggested 40 quid is well worth it for a year I just have to wait until May, I can see it allows you to fish Claydon, Rackley, Tiddenfoot, Turners lake and River Ouzel. Earlier carpmachine said that it includes some of the canal we were talking about, did you mean the River Ouzel?

• 1 month later...

Hey again I'm looking to sign up for LBAC as suggested 40 quid is well worth it for a year I just have to wait until May, I can see it allows you to fish Claydon, Rackley, Tiddenfoot, Turners lake and River Ouzel. Earlier carpmachine said that it includes some of the canal we were talking about, did you mean the River Ouzel?

Hi Reedy, I think you may have said already, but where abouts are you based?

Hey guys haven't been on for a while, I've hardly fished this winter either. No worries I think the LBAC ticket looks great regardless, £40 for the year you can't go wrong, pretty sure the GUC in Leighton is luton angling club but you can day fish it for about a fiver from what I can remember.