Mernard fishery,anyone fished it???

Are you talking about Menards in Horsham?

If so it is a stunning lake with some beautiful swims. Make sure you to have the appropriate gear though as if your retention sling and more importantly your Carp Cradle aren't up to standard Paul won't let you fish. I think this is fair enough, his lake his rules but some seem to take offence.

Oh, but in answer to your actual question, sorry I've never fished it!! 

Hi Phil, firstly don't pi55 Paul off he has his ways and as has been said some don't like it but it what keeps the lake idiot free and makes it a nice peaceful place to fish .

As you know it's a double swim , on the left is an island and a channel a tip I was given by a guy who fishes the lake regularly was to fish with maize in the the middle of the channel . In front you have another island that you can now fish to ( the swim boundries have been changed) but be wary as some of the margins are very shallow probaly best staying a good 4 ft off to be safe , if no one is in 10 there are a set of lilies at the right hand end of the island and you can get inbetween them and the island

The right hand side of the swim has an island which gives you a long margin to fish ( bit snaggy ) and a small channel that leads into swim 3 past the end of the island are a set of reeds and a small bay .

The lake has a good head of nice fish but generally they don't give themselves up to easily with regards to bait I would keep an eye on the catch reports and see what is working Paul sells bait and the fish do seem to favour certain baits for a while and if something has been working it is probaly worth going with that rather than trying something they don't know . Some years Paul lets you fish maggots in October ( normally November) if you can use them DO and use as many as you can .

Swim 3 is just behind 4 and as long as you have a remote and Paul agrees have a rod out each in 3 and 2 each out in 4 .

I can't give you any exact instructions on where and how to fish , most of my fish have come from the margins rather than open water and I don't think it's a good idea to thrash the granny out the place marking and spodding , you can get a contour map from MB mapping .

Once again keep an eye on the catch reports and the forum or Facebook it's a good heads up on what's happening , good luck .

Hi Phil, firstly don't pi55 Paul off he has his ways and as has been said some don't like it but it what keeps the lake idiot free and makes it a nice peaceful place to fish .

As you know it's a double swim , on the left is an island and a channel a tip I was given by a guy who fishes the lake regularly was to fish with maize in the the middle of the channel . In front you have another island that you can now fish to ( the swim boundries have been changed) but be wary as some of the margins are very shallow probaly best staying a good 4 ft off to be safe , if no one is in 10 there are a set of lilies at the right hand end of the island and you can get inbetween them and the island

The right hand side of the swim has an island which gives you a long margin to fish ( bit snaggy ) and a small channel that leads into swim 3 past the end of the island are a set of reeds and a small bay .

The lake has a good head of nice fish but generally they don't give themselves up to easily with regards to bait I would keep an eye on the catch reports and see what is working Paul sells bait and the fish do seem to favour certain baits for a while and if something has been working it is probaly worth going with that rather than trying something they don't know . Some years Paul lets you fish maggots in October ( normally November) if you can use them DO and use as many as you can .

Swim 3 is just behind 4 and as long as you have a remote and Paul agrees have a rod out each in 3 and 2 each out in 4 .

I can't give you any exact instructions on where and how to fish , most of my fish have come from the margins rather than open water and I don't think it's a good idea to thrash the granny out the place marking and spodding , you can get a contour map from MB mapping .

Once again keep an eye on the catch reports and the forum or Facebook it's a good heads up on what's happening , good luck .

Cheers,great info!! Strangely enough im gonna be fishing left hand side!