Middle Reservoir Bury St Eds AA

adders60

Just a few words about this reservoir approx. 4 acres 14 ft deep outskirts of Bury St Edmunds and part of the Bury AA

Although not many features and has steep banks, it has some very nice fish and decent stocks with carp to 30lb

I joined for the winter ticket costing £32.50 ! as a back up water

Very good value for money and worth a look but note this is not suitable for night fishing / bivvies as limited space and night restrictions unless agreed by the club and they do sell day tickets so summer may get busy with younger anglers etc

I am very impressed with this basic reservoir and it blessed me with a 14lb common today in high winds and rain

Well done mr adders , sounds like you have found a nice lake there and if you caught there today then the real biggie is a realistic target this winter .

All for £30 too .

If thats your back up water your main one must be a cracker .

Good luck to you sir !

Yes my main water is very special but also hard to catch, Middle Res was a nice break to test that a single boilie without any freebies will be enough to catch in a large venue.

In the past I have been using PVA bags and always casting out with a small bag attached, I think winter time adding freebies such as this isn't the best tactic to catch.

Funny thing was other anglers here often put in a lot of bait, today I had two pop ups and nothing else went in !

Seems to be a common plan in large waters, chuck in several kilos of bait and fish over it, to me that doesn't make sense especially in winter time

I plan to try my simple single bait approach for a while and see the results plus the savings in bait

Granted if you can pre bait a regular spot it is a proven tactic but if you havnt the chance to do this other methods are needed to catch