shallowbrook carp lake, norwich

frogy

Meadow lake can get packed, so go early if you can, the carp lake is much prettier you have to work harder to catch them though, carp lake can be silty so have a lead about, watch how the others are fishing, as it's mostly regulars.

I've only fished meadow once and don't know much about it there are loads of single figure carp to be had but there's defo some doubles and probably a 20 if you are after the bigger ones. It has a no floating bait rule but I saw plenty of doubles up near the top (it was hot though!) I would still try a zig. If you stand at the carp lake end looking at meadow lake two thirds of the way down in the middle there is a weed bed which would be a good bet I'm sure. Personally I would head to the far end, but that is more because it isn't quite so overlooked by other anglers. Id set up so you could cast a bait into the margin after one of the float guys leave as I'm sure the carp will move in and mop up after the float fisher leaves :) I'd say on meadow you have a good chance of a run two but do check out the carp lake, it can be tough but it is bloody lovely and doesn't seem to get that busy.

I'd be interested to here how you get on, good luck.

Meadow lake can get packed, so go early if you can, the carp lake is much prettier you have to work harder to catch them though, carp lake can be silty so have a lead about, watch how the others are fishing, as it's mostly regulars.

I've only fished meadow once and don't know much about it there are loads of single figure carp to be had but there's defo some doubles and probably a 20 if you are after the bigger ones. It has a no floating bait rule but I saw plenty of doubles up near the top (it was hot though!) I would still try a zig. If you stand at the carp lake end looking at meadow lake two thirds of the way down in the middle there is a weed bed which would be a good bet I'm sure. Personally I would head to the far end, but that is more because it isn't quite so overlooked by other anglers. Id set up so you could cast a bait into the margin after one of the float guys leave as I'm sure the carp will move in and mop up after the float fisher leaves :) I'd say on meadow you have a good chance of a run two but do check out the carp lake, it can be tough but it is [censored] lovely and doesn't seem to get that busy.

I'd be interested to here how you get on, good luck.

Thanks for the info. Yes will try the far end and we are meeting at 7 down there so hopefully early enough to get a decent spot, im not keen on fishing a busy lake myself but its my mates choice this time, next time I will pick somewhere a bit more quiet and I agree what you said about the carp lake, its lovely, will have to give it a try.

Will let you know how I get on.