Stiff link material/fluorocarbon

ozric

Recommendations for something easy to use/knot please. I've been using esp ghost but struggle to produce nice neat small loops.(although I haven't had a knot go on a fish (but I do reject some rigs if I'm not happy with them)

At the stage of considering crimping with the wychwood kit.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatfully recieved.

blankerd, are you using the wychwood stifflink material or just the crimps with something else ? I was under the inpression that fluoro didn't take kindly to crimping but mono was okay ?

Thanks in advance.

If it's a loop to your swivel or Korda clip just use a simple figure of eight knot............simple, neat and reliable.

It's a weaker knot than the one shown above and you can get smaller loops.

blankerd, are you using the wychwood stifflink material or just the crimps with something else ? I was under the inpression that fluoro didn't take kindly to crimping but mono was okay ?

Thanks in advance.

I use the wychwood stiff link and amnesia for my rigs using crimps. You need to use double crimps as they are designed for mono/flouro. They use crimps sea angling when making rigs and they never failed and they catch massive fish.