sontley pools (nevs)

anybody fished here recently the place looks deserted. just been for a walk down there and the ponds are full of fish and seen some big white looking fish swimming around the bottom pool. a few ponds are seriosly over grown but upon looking at the water for a good hour there is some big fish in there and plenty of young carp. could anyone explain the very last pond you come to with the nets on either side ? there is a monster in there i seen it splash all i can say is wow.

any advice on this place i am going there asap

went for a hour earlier had some massive bites but couldn't stirke into a fish. really dont understand what the last pool is? took the missus she said it looks like something out of a horror movie ha. anyone any ideas why there are what looks like basket ball nets on either side of the pond?

went down tonight again see if anyone was fishing. apparently a big 35lb grass carp was caught last week. threw some floating boilies and bread in, some big carp took the bread pieces in the big pond. and i found out what the pond is with the nets, the local waterpolo team use it to practice on mondays. going fishing hopefully wednesday now. try it out properly

been there all day 4 lads 8 rods no bites. grrr never again sticking to pen-y-llan fisheries £5 quid after 1pm guaranteed a good size fish every time.

must of tried everything loads of types of boilies, sweetcorn, maggots, bread, worm and all different kind of groundbaits. the farmer seems to not intrested in it to be honest doesn't answer your questions just wants ya money.

talking to a few lads there and they said all the big carp are gone all thats left is small fish and eels. they just pole fish for the smaller fish