Stanninghall lakes, Norfolk

liam17

October Catch Reports:

In recent days at Stanninghall lakes Norfolk the bigger fish have been showing. In the past three weeks fish have been caught in upper doubles 15-19lb with some better fish at 20 and 22lb coming out too. However the weekend just gone saw a stunning 26lber on the bank!. So the big fish have been pulled out recently! Hopefully a good sign.

My turn:

Ive fished Stanninghall lakes Norfolk several times now with a mixed bag of results. On the main lake during the summer we had several nice double figures, all absolutely stunning fish! but nothing bigger than 15lb.

But since the weather has turned cold, things have became a different ball game. I and a friend spent saturday down there and totally blanked...not even a single run. My friend stayed the night and managed to bank a 5lb common...not quite what we wanted :/

Does anyone have experience fishing this lake, because we clearly need some tips on how to fish this during the winter. Please help me :(

all advice welcomed :) having another go this weekend hopefully!

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi yes fished it a few times you have a tidy match lake ideal for float rod,ledger or pole fishing good for all ages and children accompanied! roach,rudd,tench,perch etc.toilets nearby shared with carp lake.The carp lake although small is a pleasant little lake with approx eight swims available fish can go up to mid twenties it can get busy!.Both lakes are fully gated and fenced to prevent otter predation on the wildlife and fish. Swims are tidy, the fishery rules/requirements are posted on the bailiffs cabin along with ticket prices etc, micro barbed  hooks only on the carp lake.bailiff is patrolling regularly, car park available.It has been known for the EA to visit it. :wink:

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi it's a tidy venue (strictly controlled) if on the small side approx, 1.75 acres with limited swims eight overnighters with one extra day swim (the bay swim),as you say mostly doubles in their teens are the order of the day since it's been fenced predation issues have thankfully been stopped and that goes for the predation on the wildlife/birdlife too!!. Winter will always present a set of different challenges mostly the fish will be huddled up lethargic and can present a problem as to finding where they are!. Certainly mild days will help with movement but i would advise having a word with the bailiff for latest info,and it is not a deep water. Fishing for the pike is an alternative that some of the syndicate ticket members carry out in the winter months. 

Summer is a popular time for the lake always phone to see what the situation is as there is a weekday and separate weekend ticket holders syndicate on it...hope that helps. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry missed that yes you will be locked in at nights it certainly makes for a more secure venue which is more than i have experienced elsewhere!. I fish when i can but have not always been able to get to the swims so i go elsewhere. As for weekdays and weekends always check with the bailiff as you will have to book ,as you will have seen it's swims areas are very tight, make sure you have the right info on your swims limits.