cambridgeshire waters

hi guys having just starting again im looking for some good carp fishing waters in the cambridgeshire area not looking to join for a whole year as im in process of joining the army so time is limited im looking for a decent carp water to fish for 48hrs thats not too expensive the lake i wanted to fish is booked up for most of the year willows fenland fisheries please help

The reason I ask It's not my area but a friend of mine moved to Newmarket and when I visit him we normally wet a line... There's a tackle shop in Newmarket that will point you in the right direction for day ticket waters very helpful owner.. last time we ended up at a nice water not far of the main road between Cambridge/ Newmarket can't remember the name sorry it was a few years back now .

I've only fished it twice mate but I did catch both times. Don't be afraid of fishing in the weed put a pva bag on and let it rest on top. Always cast to a showing fish, I've seen a lot caught this way, sometimes even before the rods gone back in the rests. Obviously on a day ticket lake like this most fish are caught on the cell but I didn't use it and I caught so the choice is yours bait wise. Other than that I don't know much else but the staff in the shop are generally quite helpful. Good luck