lake district

I go on yearly trips to the lake district mostly for the camping but we also fish through the day ... This year I was planning on taking all my gear and sitting it out to catch some of the big pike there.

The best thing to do is fish lake windermere as no permit is required apart from EA License. and just drive around looking over to the waters edge until you find a spot ... There are no pegs so its fish where you think is comfortable but ive tended to find a clear patch amongst the trees with just enough room to cast thats where you find the fish hang out away from the noise.

Had some big trout out of there and there great eating too ! This year I think it will be the pike ile be trying to catch. I have seen lads on there with the carp gear and boilies. But if there are carp in there there are not alot and I think it will take more than a few kg's and a trip down to bag one.

Hi

http://www.lakedistrictfishing.net/ check out that website for a bit of info.

Lake district is a lovely place with plenty of stunning waters to fish, won't be long before you're pining for a scottish loch.

One thing i've been meaning to do is take a small fly rod up to red tarn and winkle a trout/charr out, that would be sweet.

Sure i read somewhere that the water in the lakes was too acidic to sustain carp, i dont know if this is true or not.

I have dangled on windermere,rydal water,ullswater,wastwater(although got turfed off wastwater because it's used for diving).

There's a camp site called waterside at ullswater that you can pitch up and fish more or less 20 meters from your tent. Good fun for perch and trout. And a nice 15 min trekk into the lovely pooley bridge village

You could try esthwaite which is a commercial trout fishery,good chance of a catch there.

I would look for tributaries that run into your chosen lake and have a go for the wild trout(you may have to pay for a day ticket).

no, I dont eat pike and am asking because I thought pike would be really boney, tried mirror carp in france, tried tench in france, tried trout in england and cod but have never even seen pike on the menu!! :lol::lol::lol:

pike is a common fish to eat in Scandinavia where it is called Hauki. There two most common white meat fish to eat are Pike and Perch.