chod rig

esh

Make your own its a lot cheaper :wink:

True, but some homemade ones are not the safest. :wink:

At least if you get a Ready Made set-up all the Components should fit each other and release as required.

Far better to know that the Carp are safe than be fishing a Death Rig

k well i will get the ready made ones if they more safer

If you are sure that the ones you make yourself will not become a Tether rig or Death rig then I'm sure you won't get moaned at. :wink:

Its just making sure that all the Parts that release properly if a Snap-off does occur, which is why I said about the Solar ones on their site. I know they work and release, although I have my doubts about the Korda ones (Safe Zone? see a thread on Leadcore!)

• 3 weeks later...
i do buy the korda safezone leaders but at the moment the fox ones seem abit of a bargain :lol:

Its one of the SafeZone Silt Rig leaders that were sold, before they decided to change them, that I pulled in at SWP. It wouldn't release the Lead or Rig no matter how much Trevor the Bailiff and I pulled. The lead was totally jammed in place. It even cut off my Marker Braid and was snapped off with about 30metres of Line trailing from it, totally jammed up with weed.

Korda seem to have a problem making safe rig components at the moment.

I read on another forum that the their new safety clips wont release a lead unless you modify them first.

Wouldn't be the first time :roll::roll: I remember when they released the Mk2 lead clip and sent them out with Mk1 tail rubbers and they were nigh impossible to get off the clip by hand! :x

Its one of the SafeZone Silt Rig leaders that were sold, before they decided to change them, that I pulled in at SWP. It wouldn't release the Lead or Rig no matter how much Trevor the Bailiff and I pulled. The lead was totally jammed in place. It even cut off my Marker Braid and was snapped off with about 30metres of Line trailing from it, totally jammed up with weed.

i have got 4 of them but havent used them yet, il just have to keep checking that the lead comes free. i have got the safezone leaders with the swivels on and they are very thin leaders. do you think it was the leader that was the problem then or could it have been the swivel to big for the insert?