crowsheath fishery essex

Hi mate, i have fished it a few times this year , any decent boilie topped of with something yellow seems to do the trick, i had a couple of 20lb commons on my 1st trip plus a couple of low doubles, make the effort to go to the top part of the lake to get away from the crouds and you should do allright, if you ring the balif when you arrive he will take all your stuff to your desired swim for a quid, hope this helps, mufty

• 3 years later...

Have you had a search for Crowsheath using the forum search facility ? I believe the bailiff used to post on here at one time plugging the place ?

You never know you might find something useful :wink:

Yes mate I had a look but could not find upto date info,but found some bits and pieces elsewhere anyway I fished the lake as planned but unfortunately blanked,I managed to chat to the bailiffs on the the lake and one of the members who managed to angle a very nice 20lb fully scaled mirror out and the one thing that came across is that it is a far from easy lake and in fact went as far as to say that it is a hard lake to crack,the one thing I would say about the fishery is how well looked after it is and how great the facility's are like proper toilets and even showers on site also the lake has a bailiff on site 24hrs a day and I was told if I caught a large fished and needed a hand just to give them a call no matter what the time is,the fishery also has a buggy service on site to take your gear to the swims so long as it it's not too muddy which I thought was a great idea also there are a number of takeaways that deliver to the lake car park which is handy.

I will return for sure.

Yes mate I had a look but could not find upto date info,but found some bits and pieces elsewhere anyway I fished the lake as planned but unfortunately blanked,I managed to chat to the bailiffs on the the lake and one of the members who managed to angle a very nice 20lb fully scaled mirror out and the one thing that came across is that it is a far from easy lake and in fact went as far as to say that it is a hard lake to crack,the one thing I would say about the fishery is how well looked after it is and how great the facility's are like proper toilets and even showers on site also the lake has a bailiff on site 24hrs a day and I was told if I caught a large fished and needed a hand just to give them a call no matter what the time is,the fishery also has a buggy service on site to take your gear to the swims so long as it it's not too muddy which I thought was a great idea also there are a number of takeaways that deliver to the lake car park which is handy.

I will return for sure.

Nick is one of the better baliffs I have come across.

I fished it quite a lot a few years ago and one thing I found is that the fish swim in quite big shoals,the trouble is they seem to move about a lot.

As tight as poss to the reeds on the island was always a good shout.