Venue boilies

mattgroves

I'm looking at venues for next year and a few offer their own boilies (some also supply 'branded' boilies), I'm sure these vary from one venue to the next but I'd like to hear peoples opinions/experiences...

Also, does it really make a difference that the fish are accustomed to the bait? or is being a bit different (with a quality boilie like mainline/nash) the way to go?

I've used venue supplied boilies on a few French trips and done just as well as the guys that'd brought their own bait. If you think about it, most people will be bringing 10K of Cell/New Grange on a week long trip, so probably just as much of that goes in as the venues own baits.

I always take a couple of kilos of something different and feed that on one spot just in case the 'main' baits are blown. Only trouble is, if that spot is the one that's producing, you've only got 2 Kilos! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I know on my lake the best catches are always on the lake baits, I dont think its down to what bait is best but what the fish are use to, so on this basis I would always say buy the lakes baits where ever you go, even as far as pellet use the lake pellet because you may think they are the same but the carp can tell they are not. If guy start fishing with there bait and then change to our bait if they are fishing the same spot it still takes a little bit of time as the fish shy away because of a differant bait on the spot where if they try a new spot they catch quickly. Ofcourse you will catch on other baits but I feel it tends to be less fish and the smaller ones. May I also add I am not just saying this from a money making side of things I have had many anglers that have been fixed on using there own bait and having a hard time of things and in the end I have said try our bait and I will only charge you if it works. From my point of view I am more interested in my clients doing well and having a good time rather than just taking a few extra euros from them