combi rig

kennetbarble

Hi good info thanks ,but what i am after (i am new to this) i have got the bait end how i want it,i

used 15lb muilt- strand(twisted) with a 18lb soft ghost for the boom, just need to no how to fish the lead part ,do i have a swivel on the boom section and fish helicopter style or loop to a running lead

I'm not saying it is the only way to go, but I always use a Running lead set-up, and nearly always use a combi-rig at the moment. You may find my set-up on one of these threads below, plus a few more combi rig pics.

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54131

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?p=568035#568035

I use snowman baits on it almost all of the time.

With a pop-up, I'm not sure how you would get your supple section to the exact height you needed it if you have to chop and change to get it exactly right. Be a lot of tied up rigs with different supple section lengths!

I'm not saying this is the only knot to use with Combi-rigs, as the Albright knot works, but I can tie this up easily without thinking, and it works also as a good knot for shockleaders:

Tie an overhand knot in the stiff material, but don't pull it tight

TyingCombirig.jpg

Push the supple braid through the knot, and then tie a Uni knot

TyingCombirig001.jpg

TyingCombirig002.jpg

Lubricate the 2 knots and gradually pull tight being careful not to pull the braid back through the overhand knot.

TyingCombirig003.jpg

For my own confidence I lighter blob the tag ends of the knots.

It may be worth checking that this can can be used with a fluorocarbon if you use it for the stiff section. :wink: