Size 10 swivel

banjito

Do u know wot weight the size 10 swivel can handle, I have just got a lead clip system, size 10 , there is a small piece of plastic that wen inserted goes the throw the system an the swivel, can u tell me the purpouse to this an it's advantages, cheers lads

also not all size 8 swivels are the same size ?? thats one reason for not mixing components from different manufacturers :shock:

i think fox size 7 are the same size as korder size 8, so much for standardization :roll:

That not mixing components from different manufacturers SHOULDN'T matter, all should fit safely; its down to plastic pegs to make a lead clip safe or the Armaled style, not it locking onto a swivel by pulling down.

Fox don't have a size 8 swivel in their range, and size 8's are different dependant on brand as pointed out. Even DF has admitted that point in his book from years ago, and said that some packs within the same manufacturer are different dependant on PACK SIZE of 10 or 50.

I have rigs tied up in my rig bin, and should I need to change I will pull out a rig, and attach it to my mainline. I'll be a monkeys uncle if I can remember whose swivel is on every rig, and I've bought and used tackle by Solar, Gardner, Fox, Korum and others, and all should be compatible.

Come to that, Fox and Solar Buffer/Bullet beads and Solar and Korda tail rubbers all fit over whatever swivel I use, whether a size 7, a 10 or an 8. A run ring from Avid, Enterprise, Korum, Fox or Solar are all safe, and all will slide off whoever's make tubing I have used.

As it happens, I tend to use size 10 swivels for joining floater hooklink to mainline, with a tail rubber over the swivel and the controller "jammed" onto the tail rubber. It can break free should it break on the mainline.

I also use size 10 swivels when lift float fishing sometimes when I attach a hooklink, its easy. However my main use for size 10 swivels is on the occasions I use a hinged rig, or as a sliding swivel on the hookshank in certain rigs to attach the bait to.